- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of Mobile Robot for Inspection of Hull Surface
선체 외부 검사용 모바일 로봇 개발에 관한 연구
Kim, Jin-Man;Kim, Heon-Hui;Nam, Taek-Kun
- Received : 2015.10.25
- Accepted : 2015.12.28
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this paper, development of mobile robot for the inspection of hull surface was mentioned. In the sea, it is difficult to proceed with the visual inspection of hull side and thus mobile robot for checking the status could be run with strap-on its surface. To do this, permanent magnet module to generate magnetic force between hull surface and mobile robot, and structure to minimize variance of the force under curvature circumstance were considered on the design. Based on the design, mobile robot with four NdFeB, four driving wheels and image aquisition module was applied. Load experiment to check the adhesive force, slip test during stop state and driving test to measure driving speed were executed. From the experiments 13 Kgf adhesive force was obtained and slip was not happened until 8 Kgf load on the inclined plate. Driving speed of mobile robot was measured at 0.82 m/s corresponding to 6.5 ampere. We confirmed the effectiveness of developed mobile robot by experiments to check its characteristics.
Inspection;Mobile robot;Magnetic force;Load;Driving speed
- Fischer, W., G. Caprari and R. Siegwart(2009), Compact Magnetic Wheeled Robot for Inspecting Complex Shaped Structures in Generator Housings and Similar Environments, Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 4116-4121.
- Grieco, J. C., M. Prieto and M. Armada(1998), A Six-legged Climbing Robot for High Payloads, Proc. of the IEEE Int'l Conf. on Control Applications, Trieste, Italy, pp. 446-450.
- Jung, C. H., T. K. Nam and J. S. Jeong(2012), A Study on the Improvement of Salvage Procedures through the Collision Accident of Ships, The Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 36, No. 10, pp. 851-856. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2012.36.10.851
- Lee, M. G., S. J. Yoo, J. W. Park and S. H. Kim(2012), Modular Type Robot for Field Moving and Tree Climbing, Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 118-125. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.2.118
- Nam, T. K. and Y. J. Kim(2003), A Study on the Modeling for the Control of Magnetic Levitation Stage, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 862-871.
- Oh, J. K., G. U. Lee, J. W. Kim and T. W. Seo(2013), Development and Tracking Control of a Multi-Link Climbing Robot with High Payload Capacity and Various Transition Abilities, Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 19, No. 10, pp. 915-920. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.8010
Supported by : 중소기업 진흥원