- Volume 21 Issue 6
Diode rectifiers are very popular in industry. However, they include large low-order harmonics in the input current and do not satisfy harmonic current content restrictions. To reduce the harmonics to the power system, several methods have been introduced. It is heavy and expensive solution to use passive filters as the solution for high power application. Another solution for the harmonic filter is utilization of active filter, but it is too expensive solution. Diode rectifiers with configurations using switching device have been introduced, but they are very complicated. The combined 12-pulse diode rectifier with the square auxiliary voltage supply has been introduced. It has the advantages that auxiliary circuit is simple and inexpensive compared to other strategies. The advanced auxiliary voltage supply in this thesis is presented as a new solution. When the square auxiliary voltage supply applied, the improvement of THD is 6~60[%] in whole load range. But when the advanced auxiliary voltage supply applied, it shows stable and excellent reduction effect of THD as 57~71[%]. Especially, for the case with 10[%] load factor, reduction effect of THD has little effect as 6[%] in the case of inserting a square auxiliary voltage supply. But when the proposed new solution applied, reduction effect has excellent effect as 71[%]. Theoretical analysis of the combined 12-pulse diode rectifier with the advanced auxiliary voltage supply is presented and control methods of the auxiliary supply is proposed. The reduction in the input current harmonics is verified by simulation using software PSIM.
12-pulse diode rectifier;square auxiliary voltage supply;24-pulse diode rectifier;THD;advanced auxiliary voltage supply
- Choi, S., P. Enjeti, H. Lee and I. Pitel(1996), A new active interphase reactor for 12-pulse rectifiers provides clean power utility interface, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 1304-1311. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.556632
- Fujita, H. and H. Akagi(1996), An approach to harmonicfree AC/DC power conversion for large industrial loads: The integration of a series active filter with a double-series diode rectifier, in Proc. IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, pp. 1040-1047.
- Lee, H. B.(2013), A study on harmonic reduction scheme for 12-pulse diode rectifiers by auxiliary voltage supply, Busan, Master Thesis, Graduate school of Korea Marine Engineering University.
- Masukawa, S., and S. Iida(1994), A method for reducing harmonics in output voltages of a double connected inverter, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 543-550. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.321039
- Miyairi, S., S. Iida and K. Nakata(1986), New method for reducing harmonics improved in input and output of rectifier with interphase transformer, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. IA-22, No. 5, pp. 790-797. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1986.4504795
- Nishida, Y. and M. Nakaoka(1998), A new harmonic reducing diode rectifier of capacitor input Type for industrial high-voltage and high-power applications, in Proc. 33rd IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, pp. 1286-1293.
- Tangtheerajaroonwong, W., T. Hatada, K. Wada and H. Akagi(2007), Design and performance of a transformerless shunt hybrid filter integrated into a three-phase diode rectifier, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 1882-1889. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.904166
- Villablanca, M., J. Nadal and M. Bravo(2007), A12-pulse ac-dc rectifier with high-quality input/output waveforms, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol.22, No. 5, pp. 1875-1881. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.904185