- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Strength Characteristics of the FRP Bonding Method
FRP 이음방식에 따른 구조강도 특성에 관한 연구
Kim, Kung-Woo;Kang, Dae-Kon;Baek, Myoung-Kee;Park, Jai-Hak
- Received : 2015.11.13
- Accepted : 2015.12.28
- Published : 2015.12.31
We studied about the strength characteristics of the FRP bonding method due to reduce accident on the oceans and protect life for my people. We test tension and bending strength of butt joint, lap joint, V-scarf joint, X-scarf joint. The result of test, it's pattern is similar both tension and bending strength. Tension strength and bending strength was excellent in order to X-scarf-butt joint-V-scarf-lap joint. The tension strength is the best properties X-scarf showed a 57% strength rate of the basic material, and bending strength showed a 77% strength rate of the basic material. Overall, the X-scarf 12t joint has most excellent properties of tension and bending strength. The lap joint has worst properties of tension and bending strength. We have to test having different over-lay of V-scarf and X-scarf joint each 12t, 16t, 20t. V-scarf of 20t over-lay has excellent character of tension and bending strength. But X-scarf of 12t over-lay has excellent character of tension and bending strength. The results are shown to the contrary. The ship is received a lot of stress. it's hard to compare a direction both actual and test. But we can acknowledge material basic characteristic of strength through tension and bending test. We give the four repair method; butt joint, lap joint, V-scarf joint, X-scarf joint and the reduced ratio in comparison with basic material; In addition give the separated data for V-scarf and X-scarf characteristic of 12t, 16t, 20t overlay length. For our study repair man can select good repair method in his work station.
Repair of FRP;Type of the FRP bonding;Butt joint;Lap Joint;V-Scarf joint;X-Scarf joint
- CAJS(1999), The Cooperative Association of Japan Shipbuilders, FRP boat repair standard working method, 3.2 Repair of surface flaw, https://nippon.zaidan.info/seikabutsu/1999/00129/mokuji.htm.
- Choi, H. K.(2009), A Study on the Characteristics of FRP Composites and Structural Adhesives, Journal of the Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, No. 26, pp. 4-23.
- Choi, H. K. and S. Y. Kwon(2010), A Study on the Structural Strength Assessment of FRP Composites Boat, Journal of the Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, No. 28, pp. 46-63.
- FA(1995), Fisheries Agency, A study for the development of standard fishing vessel, pp. 358-359.
- Greene, E.(2013), Marine Composites Repair Procedures, p. 10, http://www.ericgreeneassociates.com/images/Repair_Procedures.pdf.
- KST(2013), Statistics of Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority, http://www.kst.or.kr.
- MOF(2013), Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Standard for Structure of FRP ship, p. 12, pp. 60-62.
Grant : FRP선박 접합이음방식에 대한 시험평가 연구
Supported by : 선박안전기술공단