- Volume 27 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Night Purge Evaluation Using the RTS-SAREK in Office Buildings
RTS-SAREK을 이용한 사무용 건물의 나이트 퍼지 성능 평가
- Received : 2015.09.03
- Accepted : 2015.10.28
- Published : 2015.12.10
This study evaluates the capacity of night purging in office buildings to reduce the cooling load. RTS-SAREK is used to estimate the performance of night purging on the steady state. To overcome steady state RTS program limitations, we added unsteady heat transfer equations. When the ACH (Air Change per Hour) increases, the wall temperature decreases in both the steady and unsteady states. The unsteady heat transfer rate is different from the steady transfer rate, which validates the unsteady calculation. When ACH is low, the heat transfer rate increases continuously with time. When ACH becomes higher, the heat transfer rate increases and decreases with time. When ACH is quite high, there exists a large difference in the heat transfer rate between the steady and unsteady calculations, which emphasizes the importance of the unsteady calculation.
Night purge;Cooling load;Office building;RTS method;RTS-SAREK
- Kim, Y. M., Yoon, J. I., and Son, C. H., 2013, Power reduction cooling system using outdoor air, Journal of the korean society for power system engineering, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 12-16.
- Nam, J. W. and Won, J. S., 2008, A case study on heating and cooling load reduction in office building, Proceeding of KIEAE Autumn Annual Conference, Vol. 15, pp. 209-212.
- Geros, V., Santamouris, M., Tsangrasoulis, A. and Guarracino, G., 1999, Experimental evaluation of night ventilation phenomena, Journal of Building and Environment, Building and Environment, Vol. 29, pp. 141-154. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7788(98)00056-5
- Lynch, P. M. and Hunt, G. R., 2011, The night purging of a two-storey atrium building Journal of Building and Environment, Building and Environment, Vol. 46, pp. 144-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2010.07.009
- Park, C. B. and Rhee, E. G., 2011, Study on the performance evaluation of low energy cooling systems in office building, peak cooling and heating load calculation method, Proceeding of SAREK Summer Annual Conference, 11-S-207, pp. 994-997.
- Yoon, J. Y., 2012, Hourly cooling load of air conditioner in naturally ventilated apartment, MS thesis, Hanyang University.
- An, S. H., Song, D. S., and Kim, K. S., 2014, A comparison of RTS with EnergyPlus as peak cooling and heating load calculation method, Proceeding of SAREK Winter Annual Conference, 14-W-030, pp. 122-125.
- Kim, K. S., Kim, Y. C., and Oh, M. D., 2008, Introduction of RTS method and load calculation program, Proceeding of SAREK Summer Annual Conference, 08-S-176, pp. 1067-1072.
- Han, G. S., Hwang, J. H., Lee, K. H., and Lee, T. W., 2015, A study on the reduction of the cooling energy in office building by night purge, proceeding of SAREK Summer Annual Conference, 15-S-050, pp. 190-193.
- Recent Progress in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Research : A Review of Papers Published in the Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering in 2015 vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2016.28.6.256