- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
용담화 에탄올 추출물의 항염증 효과에 관한 연구
Study on Anti-inflammatory Effect of Ethanol Extract of Gentianae sino-ornata
- 투고 : 2015.09.24
- 심사 : 2015.11.04
- 발행 : 2015.11.25
Objective : This research has been conducted to comparative analysis of anti-inflammatory effects to suggest a usefulness of ethanol extracts fromGentianae sino-ornata(GSO) as a functional material for inflammatory activities.Methods : Cell viability was measured by neutral red (NR) assay, and nitric oxide (NO) production in RAW264.7 cells was monitored by measuring the nitrite content in culture medium. The expressions of cyclooxigenase-2 (COX-2) was determined by western blot analysis, and Inducible nitric oxide syntase (iNOS) and cytokine were determined by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR).Results : When the GSO extract was added the concentration of 5-20 ㎍/㎕, the viability of cells was maintained 90% or more at all levels. NO production was suppressed by the treatment of GSO in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. GSO inhibited the expression of iNOS, COX-2, IL-1βand IL-6 in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells.Conclusions: From this results, we consider that GSO can be a useful therapeutic and preventive approach to various inflammatory diseases as a functional material for inflammatory activities.
- Lee E. Anti-inflammatory effect of Scutellariae Radix. Korean J.Plant Res. 2007;20(6):548-52.
- Byun BH. Effects of Inonotus obliquus EthanolExtract on Cytokine Expression in Raw 264.7Cell. Kor.J.Herbology. 2005;20(2):55-60.
- Barton CC, Barton EX, Ganey PE, Kunkel SL, Roth RA. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide enhances aflatoxin B1 hepatotoxicity in rats by a mechanism that depends on tumor necrosis factor-α. Hepatology. 2001;33:66-73. https://doi.org/10.1053/jhep.2001.20643
- Boumpas DT, Chrousos GP, Wilder RL, Cupps TR, Balow JE. Glucocorticoid therapy ofimmune-mediated diseases:basic and clinical correlates. AnnInternMed. 1993;119:1198-208.
- Chung HY, Cesari M, Anton S, Marzetti E, Giovannini S, Seo AY et al. Molecular inflammation: underpinnings of aging and age-related diseases. Ageing Res Rev. 2009;8:18-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arr.2008.07.002
- Medzhitov R. Origin and physiological roles of inflammation. Nature. 2008;454:428-35. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature07201
- Chung EK, Seo EH, Park JH, Shim JH, Kim KH, Lee BR. Anti-inflammaatory and anti-allergic effect of extracts from organic soybean. Korean J Organic Agric. 2011;2:245-53.
- Trowbridge HO, Emling RC. Inflammation: a review of the process, 5th ed. Chicago:Quintessence Pub.Co. 1997;3-9.
- Willoughby DA. Human arthritis applied to animal models. Towards a better therapy. Ann Rheum Dis. 1975;34:471-8. https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.34.6.471
- Abreu MT, Arditi M. Innate immunity and toll-like receptors: clinical implications of basic science research, J. Pediatr. 2004;144:421-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2004.01.057
- Iontcheva I, Amar S, Zawawi K H, Kantarci A, Dyke TE. Role for moesin in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated signal transduction. Infect. Immun. 2004;72:2312-20. https://doi.org/10.1128/IAI.72.4.2312-2320.2004
- Seo JW. The anti-oxidative activities and separation of the Inonotus obliquus var. buergeri extracts. Wonkwang University. 2008.
- Yun HJ, Heo SK, Yi HS, Kim CH, Kim BW, Park SD. Anti-inflammatory effect of Injinho-tang in RAW 264.7 Cells. Kor.J.Herbology. 2008;23(2):169-78.
- Abul K. Celluar and Molecular Immunology. 6th edition. Saunders Elsevier. 2006;75-97.
- Green strok CL. Radiation and aging free radical damage, biological response and possible antioxidant intervention. Med Hypotheses. 1993;41(5):473-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/0306-9877(93)90131-9
- Borenfreund E, Puerner JA. Toxicity determined in vitro by morphological alterations and neutral red absorption. Toxicol Lett. 1984;24(2-3):119-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-4274(85)90046-3
- Huh H, Kim HK, Lee HK. PAF antagonistic activity of 2-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzoic acid glucose ester from Genyiana scabra. Arch Pharm. 1988;21(4):436-9. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02974639
- Zhu YP. Harwood academic publishers. Amsterdam, Chin. Mat. Med. 1998;146-9.
- Kim NY, Kang TH, Kim DH, Kim YC. Anitric oxide synthesis inhibitor from the roots of Inonotus obliquus in RAW 264.7 cells. J Kor Pharmacogn. 1999;30(2):173-6.
- Kim MS, Kim SC, Jee SY, Hwang SY, Cho WJ, Lee JR et al. Inhibitory effect of Gentianae Radix MeOH extract on pro-inflammatory mediator production in lipopolysaccharide activated Raw264.7 cells. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2008;21(1):28-38.
- Marriot JB, Westby M, Cookson S, Guckian M, Goodbourn S, MullerG. CC-3052: a water-soluble analog of thalidomide and potent inhibitor of activation-induced TNF-αproduction. J Immunol 1998;161:4236-43.
- Hanada T, Yoshimura A. Regulation of cytokine signaling and inflammation, Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2002;13:413―21. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6101(02)00026-6
- Kelly LM, Hill AD, Kennedy S, Connolly EM, Ramanath R, Teh S et al : Lack of prognostic effect of Cox-2 expression in primary breast cancer on short-term follow-up. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2003;29:707-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejso.2003.07.001
- Huang M, Stolina M, Sharma S, Mao JT, Zhu LP, Miller W et al. Non-small cell lung cancer cyclooxygenase-2-dependent regulation of cytokine balance in lymphocytes and macrophage Up-regulation of interleukin 10and down-regulation of interleukin 12production. Cancer Res. 1998;58:1208-16.
- Sato T, Nakajima H, Fujio K, Mori Y. Enhancement of prostaglandin E2 production by epidermal growth factor requires the coordinate activation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 and cyclooxygenase 2 in human squamous carcinoma A431 cells. Prostaglandins. 1997;53:355-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-6980(97)00036-1
- Vane JR, Bakhle YS, Botting RM. Cyclooxygenase and 2. Anu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1998;38:97-120. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pharmtox.38.1.97
- Nathan C. Nitric oxide as a secretory product of mammalian cell. The FASEB J. 1992;6:3051-64.
- Bhattacharyya A, Pathak S, Datta S, Chattopadhyay S, Basu J, KunDu M. Mitogenactivated protein kinases and NF-kappaB regulate H. pylori-mediated IL-8releasefrom macrophages. Biochem J. 2002;366:376-82.
- Willeaume V, Kruys V, Mijatovic T, Huez G. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha production induced by viruses and by lipopolysaccharidesin macrophages: similarities and differences. J. Inflamm. 1996;46:1-12.
- Seo YJ. Role of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Carcimogenesis and Its Selective Inhibition for Cancer Chemoprevention. Molecules and cells. 2002;13(4):8-17.
- Park K, Han S, Shin E, Kim HJ, Kim JY. Cox-2 expression on tissue microarray of breast cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2006;32:1093-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejso.2006.05.010