- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Inhibition Activity of Plants on IgE-mediated Degranulation of RBL-2H3 Cells
Lee, Seung-Eun;Jeong, Hye-Gwang;Lee, Dae-Young;Lee, Jeong-Hoon;Choi, Jehun;Kim, Geum-Soog;Noh, Hyung-Jun;Lee, Jae-Won;Kim, Seung-Yu;Ahn, Young-Sup
- 투고 : 2015.07.08
- 심사 : 2015.11.25
- 발행 : 2015.12.31
In this study, the inhibitory activities of fifty plant extracts on IgE-mediated degranulation in the rat basophilic leukemia cell line (RBL-2H3 cells) were measured; the release of interleukin (IL)-4 and β-hexosaminidase from IgE-sensitized cells treated with the plant extracts was measured; and the effects of the plant extracts on cell viability were tested. The results of the analysis of plant extracts at 20 μg/ml, including the aerial part of Magnolia sieboldii K. Koch, exhibited suppressive activities upon the release of IL-4. Furthermore, several plant extracts including methanol extracted from Lindera erythrocarpa Makino (aerial part) at the same concentration significantly inhibited the release of β-hexosaminidase. Twenty-six of the plant extracts, including methanol extract of Weigela subsessilis (Nakai) L. H. Bailey (branch), showed a cell proliferation effect of over 80% at 100 μg/ml. In conclusion, the results suggest that the leaf/stem of Geum japonicum Thunb. and the stamen/ovary of Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn., which exhibited effective inhibition on β-hexosaminidase release and IL-4 release from mast cells and showed high cell viability, could be useful candidates as anti-allergy materials.
- Flohr, C. and J. Mann. 2014. New insights into the epidemiology of childhood atopic dermatitis. Allergy 69:3-16. https://doi.org/10.1111/all.12270
- Choi, E.J., S. Lee, H.H. Kim, T.S.K. Singh, J.K. Choi, H.G. Choi, W.M. Suh, S.H. Lee and S.H. Kim. 2011. Suppression of dust mite extract and 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene-induced atopic dermatitis by the water extract of Lindera obtusiloba. J. Ethnopharmacol. 137:802-807. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2011.06.043
- Cheng, C., D.S.W. Ng, T.K. Chan, S.P. Guan, W.E. Ho, A.H. Koh, J.S. Bian, H.Y.A. Lau and W.S.F. Wong. 2013. Anti-allergic action of anti-malarial drug artesunate in experimental mast cell-mediated anaphylactic models. Exp. Allergy Immunol. 68:195-203.
- Brown, J.M., T.M. Wilson and D.D. Metcalfe. 2007. The mast cell and allergic disease: role in pathogenesis and implications for therapy. Clin. Exp. Allergy 38:4-18.
- Abbas, A.K., A.H. Lichman and S. Pillai. 2012. Cellular and molecular immunology. 7th ed. Elsevier Press, USA. p. 407.
- Nishida, K., S. Yamasaki, Y. Ito, K. Kabu, K. Hattori, T. Tezuka, H. Nishizumi, D. Kitamura, R. Goitsuka and R.S. Geha. 2005. Fc epsilon RI-mediated mast cell degranulation requires calcium-independent microtubule-dependent translation of granules to the plasma membrane. J. Cell Biol. 170:115-126. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.200501111
- Megumi, K.M., K. Agarie, R. Sakima, S. Imamura, K. Tsuha, T. Yasumoto, S. Gima, G. Matsuzaki and T. Ikehara. 2012. Inhibitory effects of an ellagic acid glucoside, okicamelliaside, on antigen-mediated degranulation in rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells and passive cutaneous anaphylaxis reaction in mice. Int. Immunopharmacology 12:675-681. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2012.01.013
- Lim, J.H., Y.M. Park, J.S. Kim, H.J. Jeong and E.W. Seo. 2011. Effect of Cnidium officinale extract on recovery capability of allergic contact-dermatitis in rat. Korean J. Plant Res. 24:430-437. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.4.430
- Jeong, Y.J., Y.J. Yang and S.C. Kang. 2013. Constituent alterations of Pueraiae Radix and Lacquer tree mixture extract and their anti-allergic effects. Korean J. Plant Res. 26:103-110. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2013.26.1.103
- Han, E.H., Y.P. Hwang, H.G. Kim, J.H. Choi, J.H. Im, T. Khanal, B.H. Park, J.H. Yang, J.M. Choi, S.S. Chun, J.K. Seo, Y.C. Chung and H.G. Jeong. 2011. Ethyl acetate extract of Psidium guajava inhibits IgE-mediated allergic responses by blocking FcεRI signaling. Food Chem. Toxicol. 49:100-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2010.10.003
- Han, E.H., J.H. Park, J.Y. Kim and H.G. Jeong. 2009. Houttuynia cordata water extract suppresses anaphylactic reaction and IgE-mediated allergic response by inhibiting multiple steps of FcεRI signaling in mast cells. Food Chem. Toxicol. 47:1659-1666. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2009.04.025
- Gilfillan, A.M. and C. Tkaczyk. 2006. Integrated signalling pathways for mast-cell activation. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 6:218-230. https://doi.org/10.1038/nri1782
- Galli, S.J., T. Tsai and A.M. Piliponsky. 2008. The development of allergic inflammation. Nature 454:445-454. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature07204
- Williams, C.M.M. and S.J. Galli. 2000. The diverse potential effector and immunoregulatory roles of mast cells in allergic disease. J. Allergy Clin. Immun. 105:847-859. https://doi.org/10.1067/mai.2000.106485
- Wedemeyer, J., M. Tsai and S.J. Galli. 2000. Roles of mast cells and basophils I innate and acquired immunity. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 12:624-631. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0952-7915(00)00154-0
- Shimizu, K., S. Konno, M. Ozaki, K. Umezawa, K. Yamashita, S. Todo and M. Nishimura. 2012. Dehydroxymethylepoxy-quinomicin (DHMEQ), a novel NF-kappaB inhibitor, inhibits allergic inflammation and airway remodelling in murine models of asthma. Clin. Exp. Allergy 42:1273-1281. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2222.2012.04007.x
- Shimada, T., L. Chengwz, A. Yamasakiw, M. Ide, C. Motonaga, H. Yasueda, K. Enomotoz, T. Enomotok and T. Shirakawaw. 2004. Effects of lysed Enterococcus faecalis FK-23 on allergen-induced serum antibody responses and active cutaneous anaphylaxis in mice. Clin. Exp. Allergy 34:1784-1788. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2222.2004.02092.x
- Park, K.H., Y.S. Kim and J.H. Jeong. 2011. Inhibitory effects of ginseng extracts on histamine-release from rat's mast cell. Korean J. Plant Res. 24:98-104. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.1.098
- Park, H.J., D.H. Jung, H. Joo, N.S. Kang and S. Jang. 2010. The comparative study of anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effects by fermented red ginseng and red ginseng. Korean J. Plant Res. 23:415-422.
연구 과제번호 : 약초 및 버섯자원의 항알러지 활성 평가