- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Segmenting Korean Millennial Consumers of Sharing Economy Services on Social Networking: A Psychographic-based Approach
소셜 네트워크 기반 공유경제 서비스에 관한 밀레니얼스 소비자 세분화 연구: 사이코그래픽 관점에서
Lee, Jae Heon;Choi, Jae Won;Kim, Ki Youn
- Received : 2015.04.15
- Accepted : 2015.07.10
- Published : 2015.12.31
The purpose of this qualitative study is to explore consumer behavioral trends, psychological characteristics and various cognitive types of Millennial Generation consumers, primarily in their 20s, who are familiar with sharing economy services based on the emerging social networking technology. Using Q methodology, this paper theoretically defines four and interprets via a social science perspective four different types of these young consumers who are skilled at state-of-the-art ICT equipment, devices or online networking services. Sharing economy services in Korea's academic and industrial services are influenced by government policy, and related research is relatively new. This study is focused on discovering unique psychographic characteristics called 'schemata' that include personal interest, preference, attitude, and opinion. On the basis of 40 Q-sorted data samples, the analysis examined 180 collected statements from meta-studies and interviews with 35 individuals born between 1997 and 1992. As a result, four consumer groups were identifies: Type 1 'Early majority', Type 2 'Laggard', Type 3 'Opinion leader', and Type 4 'Late majority'. The results of this research can be used to explore to study in greater detail the behavior and psychological aspects of Millennial General consumers'.
Sharing Economy;Subjectivity Study;Millennial Generation;Social Network;Psychographic segmentation;Q Methodology
- S. W. Shin and W. T. Kim, "Business model study of design social enterprise for shared values," Society of Design Convergence, Vol. 12, No.6, pp. 383-401, 2013. http://www.converge.or.kr/html/sub02_01.asp
- H. N. Maeng, B. S. Kim, Y. H. Kim, and S. I. Woo, et al., "A Study on gamification and the evolution of sharing economy: focused on 5 sharing economy-based web," Proceedings of Human Computer Interaction, pp. 485-488, 2014. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/ArticleDetail/NODE02333661
- K. Yoon and E. J. Lee, "A comparative study on the effects of CSR and CSV: the moderating role of self-efficacy and message involvement," The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No.2, pp. 53-72, 2014. http://www.earticle.net/article.aspx?sn=214105
- B. M. Lee, and W. T. Kim, "Sharing economy service for one-person household focus on efficient use of resources - based on consumption patterns of 20-30 years," Conference of Korea Digital Design Council, pp. 115-116, 2014. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Article/NODE02414468
- J. Y. Oh, "Era of shared economy, creating a new model of employment for reaching employment," National Information Society Agency, pp. 1-24, 2013.
- B. G. Moon, "Reinterpretation of economic rationality: focused on comparing social enterprise companies and shared economy companies," The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 341-362, 2010. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/PDFView?id=NODE01595294
- D. W. Choi, K. B. Kim, and S. M. Leey, "A study on relationship between corporate govermance and earnings management: focusing on CSV-EVA difference," Korean Society of Strategic Management, pp. 213-243, 2013. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/PDFView?id=NODE02269925
- S. H. Hong, and M. S. Kim, "A comparative study on the effects of CSR and CSV: the moderating role of self-efficacy and message involvement," Korean Academic Society of Business Administration, Vol.2010, No.0, pp. 1-21, 2010. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/PDFView?id=NODE06081561
- H. S. Kang, H. J. Jae, and S. Park, "Sharing economy and urban industry," Public Officials Benefit Association, Vol. 48, No.540, pp. 32-36, 2013.
- J. S. Kim, W.S. JI, and S. J. Kang, "Condition of success and future of sharing economy," Gyeonggi Research Institute, No.134, pp. 1-20, 2014. http://kiss.kstudy.com/journal/thesis_name.asp?tname=kiss2002&key=3173516
- Y. Choi and J. K. Lee, "Effects of digital cultural capital on the perception of sharing economy," Korean Journal of Communication Studies, Vol. 21, No.1, pp. 89-110, 2013. http://18.104.22.168/InSiteSearch/(iboeza45wia3ro3oj2fskqmr)/ISS_Detail.aspx?a_key=3137289
- H. G. Kim, "A study on usefulness of Q method," Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity, No.1, pp. 15-33, 1996.
- Stephenson, William, 1967, Play Theory of Mass Communication, Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press.
- K. Sanders, William Stephenson: The Study of (His) Behavior, MCR(Dec.), p. 13, 1994.
- K. Y. Kim and H. K. Kim, "A study on consumer preference typologing toward sharing economy service models based on collaborative consumption: a strategic approach to marketing communications," Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity, No.27, pp. 23-40, 2013. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/ArticleDetail/NODE02385077
- K. Y. Kim and B. G. Lee, "Marketing insights for mobile advertising and consumer segmentation in the cloud era: A Q-R hybrid methodology and practices," Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Vol. 91, pp. 78-92, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2014.01.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2014.01.011
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea