- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Developing Trends of Spinning Process for Manufacturing Thrust Chamber of Launch Vehicle
발사체 연소기 제작에서 스피닝 공정 개발 동향
- Lee, Keumoh (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Ryu, Chulsung (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Hwanseok (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Heo, Seongchan (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kwak, Junyoung (Combustion Chamber Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Younho (Research & Development 1 Team, Doowon Heavy Industry)
- Received : 2015.06.02
- Accepted : 2015.09.29
- Published : 2015.12.01
Spinning process is generally used for manufacturing axisymmetrical, thin-walled thickness and hollow circular cross-section parts. Traditional spinning technology is classified to conventional spinning and power spinning(shear spinning and flow forming). Literature surveys of spinning application for regenerative cooling chamber and divergent nozzle of liquid propellent rocket thrust chamber have been conducted. Most spinning technology has been used mandel for manufacturing chamber and nozzle. Recently, hot spinning has been used much compared to traditional cold spinning.
- Wong, C.C., Dean, T.A. and Lin, J., "A Review of Spinning, Shear Forming, and Flow Forming Processes," International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 43, Issue 14, pp. 1419-1435, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(03)00172-X
- Music, O., Allwood, J.M. and Kawai, K., "A Review of the Mechanics of Metal Spinning," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 210, No. 1, pp. 3-23, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2009.08.021
- Xia, Q., Xiao, G., Long, H., Cheng, X. and Sheng, X., "A Review of Process Advancement of Novel Metal Spinning," International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 85, pp. 100-121, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2014.05.005
- Lee, T.H., "The Trend of New Technology in Metal Spinning," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 79-85, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2012.16.1.079
- Gur, M. and Tirosh, J., "Plastic Flow Instability under Compressive Loading during Shear Spinning Process," Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol. 104, No. 1, pp. 17-22, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3185791
- Huang, C.C. and Hung, J.C., "Finite Element Analysis on Neck-spinning Process of Tube at Elevated Temperature," International Journal of Advanced Manufacture Technology, Vol. 56, Issue 9, pp. 1029-1048, 2011.
- Klocke, F. and Wehrmeister, T., "Laser-assisted Metal Spinning of Advanced Materials,," 4th Lane Conference, Erlangen, Germany, pp. 1183-1192, Sep. 2004.
- Mori, K., Ishiguro, M. and Isomura, Y., "Hot Shear Spinning of Cast Aluminium Alloy Parts," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 209, No. 7, pp. 3621-3627, 2008.
- Lee, K.O., Ryu, C.S., Heo, S.C., Choi, H.S. and Choi, Y.H., "Development of Spinning Process for Manufacturing Liquid Rocket Engine Thrust Chamber," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 88-95, 2014. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2014.18.6.088
- Loewenthal, W.S. and Ellis, D.L., "Fabrication of GRCop-84 Rocket Thrust Chambers," NASA 20060005156, 2005
- Calvignac, J., Dang, L., Tramel, T.L. and Paseur, L., "Design and Testing of Non-Toxic RCS Thrusters for Second Generation Reusable Launch Vehicle," 39th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Huntsville, AL, U.S.A., AIAA 2003-4922, Jul. 2003.
- Sack, W., Kurosu, A., Sunakawa, H., Noda, K., Ogawara, A., Onga, T. and Negoro, N., "LE-X Prototype Main Combustion Chamber Development Progress," The 28th International Symposium on Sapce Technology and Science, Okinawa, Japan, Jun. 2011.
- Kurosu, A., Sunakawa, H., Kojima, M., Yamanishi, N., Noda, K., Ogawara, A., Tamura, T., Mizuno, T. and Kobayashi, S., "Progress on the LE-X Cryogenic Booster Engine," 4th European Conference for Aerospace Sciences(EUCASS), St. Petersburg, Russia, July 2011.
- Lee, K.O., Ryu, C.S. and Choi, H.S., "A Technical Trend of Manufacturing and Materials of Nozzle Extension for Thrust Chamber of Liquid Rocket," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 97-103, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2012.16.3.097
- Patterson, M.J., Haag, T.W. and Hovan, S.A., "Performance of the NASA 30 cm Ion Thruster," 23rd International Electric Propulsion Conference, Seattle, WA, U.S.A., IEPC-93-108, Sep. 1993.