- Volume 30 Issue 6
The study is aimed to develop fuzzy logic system that has overcurrent and saturation time as input variable and possibility of electrical fire as output variable by making bad conductor area with physical damage to indoor wiring. Most previous studies focused on thermal characteristics depending on the current size and no study considered the current size and saturation time at the same time. Therefore, the paper made into account current value and saturation time together. To this end, it created bad conductor area half the size of IV conductor (1.6 mm) on purpose and transmit electrical current from 10A to 60A by unit of 2A to find out the thermal characteristics and saturation time for current. Based on the data that came out, the study applied fuzzy logic and established the current and saturation time as input variable and chance of fire as output variable. As a result, the center of area of the system that depended only on the existing current value was 75 while the system that applied both current and saturation time presented the chance of fire at 92. It is found that the chance of bad conductor area and deteriorated insulation of electrical wire had current and saturation time as important variables. The data can be used as basic data like deteriorated wire insulation or operation features of circuit breaker in investigating the cause of electrical fire.
overcurrent;fuzzy logic;saturation time;indoor wiring;electrical fire possibility;electrical fire
- Korea Electrical Safety Corporation, "A Statistical Analysis on the Electrical Accidents in 2012", Vol. 22, pp. 31-33, 2013.
- S. C. Kim and D. H. Kim, "Analysis for the Thermal Properties of the Electrical Wire according to Overload and Disconnection", Jourmal of The Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 22, No 4, pp. 26-31, 2007.
- S. H. Lee and H. S. Oh, "A Study on the Electrical Fire Analysis in Overcurrent of Low Voltage Wiring", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 142-148, 2004.
- C. S. Choi, K. M. Shong and D. W. Kim, "The Characteristics Analysis of Damaged Pattern by Repeated Stress of VCTFK", Jourmal of The Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 19, No 4, pp. 42-47, 2004.
- S. C. Kim and D. H. Kim, "Analysis for the Thermal Properties of the Electrical Wire according Overload and Disconnection", Jourmal of The Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 22, No 4, pp. 26-31, 2007.
- Y. S. Lee, "Temperature Characteristics Analysis of Heat-resistant PVC Insulated Wire according to the Breaking Degree", Master's Degree, 2015.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Electro-Technical Regulation, Ministry of Government Legistation, 2015.
- Michael R, Yenchek "Thermal Modeling of Portable Power Cables", IEEE, 1997.
- M.S. Han, "A Study on the Electrical Fire due to the Weakness of the Contact of Wiring Utensil", Seoul National University. of Tech., Master's Thesis, pp.19, 2004.
- S. H. Hong and D. H. Kim, "The Development of Fire Detection System using Fuzzy Logic and Multivariate Singnature", Jourmal of The Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 19, No 1, pp. 49-55, 2004.
- KESCO, "Hand Book for Electrical Safety Management", pp.152, 2014.