- Volume 7 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Verification of a Relationship between Ultraviolet Radiation and Initial Microalgal Cell Density Using a Floating Marine Photobioreactor
부유형 해양 광생물반응기를 이용한 자외선과 초기 미세조류 접종 농도와의 상관관계 규명
Kim, Z-Hun;Park, Hanwool;Jung, Seong-Gyun;Kim, Su-Kwon;Kim, Hee-Yun;Park, Yong Sung;Hong, Han Ma Roo;Lee, Choul-Gyun
- Received : 2015.12.30
- Accepted : 2016.01.07
- Published : 2015.12.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate a relationship between ultraviolet radiation and initial cell density (ICD) of microalgae using a floating marine photobioreactor (PBR). To examine the effect of ultraviolet (UV) radiation in sunlight on biomass productivity as a function of ICD, 0.5-L floating PBRs covered with or without UV cut-off film were placed in an outdoor rectangular tank containing 200 L of water. At the lower ICDs, 0.01 and 0.05 g/L, biomass productivities in the PBRs without UV cut-off film decreased by
Dunaliella tertiolecta;photoinhibition;ultraviolet radiation;marine photobioreactor;initial cell density
- Chisti, Y. 2007. Biodiesel from microalgae. Biotechnol. Adv. 25(3), 294-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biotechadv.2007.02.001
- Kumar, K., Mishra, S. K., Shrivastav, A., Park, M. S. and Yang, J. W. 2015. Recent trends in the mass cultivation of algae in raceway ponds. Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev. 51, 875-885. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2015.06.033
- Quinn, J. C. and Davis, R. 2015. The potentials and challenges of algae based biofuels: A review of the techno-economic, life cycle, and resource assessment modeling. Bioresour. Technol. 184, 444-452. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2014.10.075
- Cho, Y., Shin, D., Lee. S., Jeon, H., Ryu, Y., Lee, J., Lim, S. and Lee, C. 2014. Investigation of microalgal growth, Tetraselmis sp. KCTC12432BP by supplying bicarbonate on the ocean cultivation. J. Mar. Biosci. Biotechnol. 6(2), 188-122.
- Kim, Z., Park, H., Ryu, Y., Shin, D., Hong, S., Tran, H., Lim, S. and Lee, C. 2015. Algal biomass and biodiesel production by utilizing the nutrients dissolved in seawater using semi-permeable membrane photobioreactors. J. Appl. Phycol. 27(5), 1763-1773. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10811-015-0556-y
- McConnell, B. and Farag, I. H. 2012. Offshore microalgae growth in wastewater. Int. Rev. Chem. Eng. 4(4), 423-429.
- Neale, P. J., Cullen, J. J., Lesser, M. P. and Melis, A. 1992. Physiological bases for detecting and predicting photoinhibition of aquatic photosynthesis by PAR and UV Radiation, In: Yamamoto H. Y. and Smith C. M. (eds), Photosynthetic Responses to the Environment, Current Topics in Plant Physiology: An American Society of Plant Physiologists Series, 8, 61-77.
- Holzinger, A. and Lutz, C., 2006. Algae and UV irradiation: effects on ultrastructure and related metabolic functions. Micron 37(3), 190-207. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micron.2005.10.015
- Zhang. P, Yu. J. and Tang, X. 2005. UV-B radiation suppresses the growth and antioxidant systems of two marine microalgae, Platymonas subcordiformis (Wille) Hazen and Nitzschia closterium (Ehrenb.) W. Sm. J. Integr. Plant Biol. 47(6), 683-691. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7909.2005.00052.x
- Seepratoomrosh, J., Pokethitiyook, P., Meetam, M., Yokthongwattana, K., Yuan, W., Pugkaew, W. and Kangvans aichol, K. 2015. The effect of light stress and other culture conditions on photoinhibition and growth of Dunaliella tertiolecta. Appl Biochem. Biotechnol. 1-12.
- Park, K. and Lee, C. 2001. Effectiveness of flashing light for increasing photosynthetic efficiency of microalgal cultures over a critical cell density. Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 6, 189-193. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02932549
- Larkum, A. W. D. and Wood, W. F. 1993. The effect of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis and respiration of phytoplankton, benthic macroalgae and seagrasses. Photosynth. Res. 36(1), 17-23. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00018071
Grant : 해양미세조류 이용 바이오디젤 생산기술 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부