- Volume 52 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Trial-Test of the Full-Scale Driving Pump for the Large Cavitation Tunnel(LCT)
대형캐비테이션터널(LCT) 실물 구동펌프 성능시운전
Ahn, Jong-Woo;Kim, Gun-Do;Kim, Ki-Sup;Park, Young-Ha
- Received : 2015.07.24
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2015.12.20
The objective of the present study is to analyze the results of the trial-test for the full-scale driving pump, which is arranged in the LCT (Large Cavitation Tunnel). Firstly, the reasons of selecting the final design pump are introduced in terms of the performance analysis in model tests. The trial-test items for the full-scale driving pump are measurements of output current/voltage at the inverter of the main motor and the flow velocity in the LCT test section. The test results show the increase in flow rate of about 10.7% and the decrease in pump head of about 26%, compared with those of final design-pump specification. The motor power has the margin of about 22%. The performance analysis for the full-scale pump is conducted using the commercial code (CFX-10). The delivered power calculated with CFX-10 shows good agreement with that extracted from the full-scale pump test. It is found that CFX-10 is useful to analyze a full-scale pump.
Performance trial-test;Driving pump design;Large cavitation tunnel;Full-scale pump
- Friesch, J., 1991. HYKAT, The new cavitation test facility of hamburg ship model basin. International Symposium on Hydro- and Aerodynamics in Marine Engineering: HADMAR ’91, Varna, Bulgaria, 28-30 Octorber 1991.
- Arndt, R.E.A. Mohensi, O. & Song, C.C.S., 2007. Hydrodynamics design of the low noise large cavitation tunnel, final report. Minnesota: University of Minnesota.
- Ahn, J.W. Kim, K.S. Park, Y.H. Kim, K.Y. & Oh, H.W., 2005. Performance Analysis of a Mixed-Flow Pump for Waterjet Propulsion. Journal of Ship and Ocean Technology, 9(2), pp.11-20.
- Ahn, J.W. Kim, K.D. Kim, K.S. Lee, J.T. & Seol, H.S., 2008. Development of the Driving Pump for the Low Noise Large Cavitation Tunnel. Journal of Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 45(4), pp.370-378. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2008.45.4.370
- Wilson, M.B. & Etter, R.J., 1992. Hydrodynamic and hydroacoustic characteristics of the new david taylor model basin large cavitation channel. Proceedings of the 2nd international Symposium on Propellers and Cavitation, Hangzhou, China, 1-4 September 1992, pp.305-311.
- Miyagawa, K. & Sato, R., 2003. Development of a low noise pump by new design concept. Proceedings of FEDSM’03, FEDSM2003-45306, Hawaii, USA, 6-10 July 2003.
- Kim, K.S. & Ahn, J.W., 2006. Construction of the low noise large cavitation tunnel (2nd Year Report), KRISO Report, Report No. UCG01260-06049. Deajeon: KRISO.