- Volume 52 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on the Mooring Stability of Floating Dock with Ultra Large Offshore Structure
초대형 부유식 해양구조물 탑재 플로팅 도크 계류안전성 연구
Yang, Seungho;Cho, Jinwoog;Kim, Hyunjoe;Kim, Booki
- Received : 2015.09.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.16
- Published : 2015.12.20
Mooring stability of floating dock for construction of Ichthys CPF (central processing facilities), an ultra large offshore structure, was studied. Normal and typhoon conditions were considered for mooring analysis. There have been changes in construction stages of the CPF as project progresses. These changes were reflected on the mooring stability analysis for both conditions. In order to secure the mooring stability of the floating dock for Ichthys CPF under typhoon, maximum loads of mooring chains and maximum offset of the floating dock with Ichthys CPF were examined. Also the shapes of the catenary mooring were investigated to check interferences among mooring chains. As it was confirmed that the mooring loads were within SWL (safe working load) of mooring chains and underwater sinkers, the mooring stability of the floating dock for construction of Ichthys CPF was secured. By achieving security of mooring stability of the floating dock, it is assured that Ichthys project is on its way to success.
Ichthys CPF;Floating dock;Mooring stability
- Korea Maritime Institute, 2015. Trend and Counterplan of Offshore Platform Transportation Market. 2015 Offshore Business, 20, pp.7-8.
- Korea Institute of Machinery and Material(KIMM), 1998. Development of system integration technology. KIMM report No 98-NQ-12-01-A-01-UCN2080-660.M. KIMM. Dejeon: KIMM.
- J. Ray McDermott Engineering, 2000. WAMIT-MOSES Hydrodynamic Analysis Comparison Study. JRME.
- Inpex Corporation, 2013b. Ichthys Project Offshore Construction Activities. Inpex Corporation.
- Inpex Corporation, 2013a. Annual report 2013, special report: Ichthys LNG project status. Inpex Corporation.
- GL Noble Denton, 2013. Technical policy board guidelines for moorings, GL noble denton 0032/ND. GL Noble Denton.
- DNV, 2013. Stability and Watertight Integrity, Offshore Standard DNV-OS-C301. DNV.
- Chun, K.J., 2014. 2015 outlook report, ship/offshore recipe in 2015: reculer pour mieux sauter. KDB Daewoo Securities Research: KDB
- British Petroleum (BP), 2013. Statistical Review of World Energy 2013. BP Statistical Review of World Energy: BP.
- Park, M.K. Cho, J.W. & Chung, J.H., 2011. Quay Mooring Analysis for a Drillship in Typhoon Conditions. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Special Issue, pp.70-74.
- Oh, Y.C., 2013. Prediction on Mooring Tension & Motion Response Characteristics of a Floating Dock in Regular Waves. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 19(2), pp.200-206. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.2.200
- Na, J.H. Sim, W.S. Lee, I.H. Moon, J.S. Kim, J.W. & Shin, H.S., 2004. FPSO quay mooring analysis in typhoon condition. Proceedings of the Annual Autumn Meeting, Sancheong, Republic of Korea, 20-22 October 2004.
- Quayside Mooring System Design of Prelude FLNG for Extreme Environmental Condition vol.32, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2018.2.32.1.021