- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of proficiency and improvement of accuracy on the analysis of brominated flame retardants (PBDEs) in ABS polymer
ABS수지 중 polybrominated diphenyl ether(PBDE)류 분석 숙련도 평가 및 정확도 향상
- Ryu, Jehoon (SCAS-BTT Bioanalysis Co.) ;
- Kim, Dalho (Center for Gas Analysis, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)
- Received : 2015.11.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.30
- Published : 2015.12.25
In order to evaluate and improve the ability of Korean testing laboratories to measure Polybrominated diphenyl ethers in acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), a proficiency test was organised by Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS) based on ISO/IEC 17043. The proficiency test material used was 10 g of a granular ABS fortified with a mixture of congeners of PBDE (BDE-154, 183, 206, 209). Homogeneity and stability were investigated to assess the adequacy of the test material. The certified value established by KRISS based on the national reference was used for assigned value of each PBDE. The test materials were distributed to the 16 participating laboratories. The participating laboratories were requested to analyse the samples employing the methods used in their routine analysis. Each laboratory was given it’s own code to secure the anonymity. Participants results were evaluated with z-scores according to ISO/IEC 17043. The standard deviation for proficiency assessment was set by standard deviation of the participants results except for outlier. The results, the laboratory's performance and improvement of accuracy were discussed.
acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS);proficiency test;flame retardants;polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE)
- M. Schlummer, F. Brandl, A. Maurer and R. van Eldik, J. Chromatogr. A, 1064, 39-51 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2004.12.016
- F. Vilaplanaa, A. Ribes-Greus and S. Karlsson, Talanta, 78, 33-39 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2008.10.038
- F. Vilaplanaa, P. Karlsson, A. Ribes-Greus, P. Ivarsson and S. Karlsson, J. Chromatogr. A, 1196-1197, 139-146 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2008.05.001
- H. Hirai, H. Takada and Y. Ogat, Mar. Pollut. Bull., 62, 1683-1692 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2011.06.004
- European Union, Official J. Eur. Union, L37, 19-23 (2003).
- European Union, Official J. Eur. Union., L37, 24-38 (2003).
- A. Sepúlveda, M. Schluep, F. G. Renaud, M. Streicher, R. Kuehr, C. Hagelüken and A. C. Gerecke, Environ. Impact. Assess. Rev., 30, 28-41 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2009.04.001
- M. Riess, T. Ernst, R. Popp, B. Muller, H. Thoma, O. Vierle, M. Wolf and R. van Eldik, Chemosphere, 40, 937-941 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(99)00336-7
- The International Organization for Standardization, ISO/5725-2, ‘Accuracy (trueness and precision) of measurement methods and results-Part 2’, 1st Ed., 1994.
- International Electrotechnical Commission, IEC 62321, ‘Electrotechenical products-Determination of levels of six regulated substances’, Edition 1.0, 2008.
- R. Zeleny, S. Voorspoels, M. Ricci, R. Becker, C. Jung, W. Bremser, M. Sittidech, N. Panyawathanakit, W. F. Wong, S. M. Choi, K. C. Lo, W. Y. Yeung, D. H. Kim, J. Han, J. Ryu, S. Mingwu, W. Chao, M. M. Schantz, K. A. Lippa, S. Matsuyama, Anal Bioanal Chem, 396, 1501-1511 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-009-3314-7
- The International Organization for Standardization, ISO/IEC 17043, 'Conformity assessment-General requirements for proficiency testing', 1st Ed., 2010.
- The International Organization for Standardization, ISO Guide 35, 'Reference materials-General and statistical principles for certification', 3rd Ed., 2006.
- D. Kim, J. Ryu and Y. Choi, Anal. Sci. Tech., 24(6), 435-442 (2011). https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2011.24.6.435