- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Deterministic Estimation of Stripe Type Defects and Reconstruction of Mask Pattern in L/S Type Mask Inspection
- Kim, Wooshik ;
- Park, Min-Chul
- Received : 2015.07.30
- Accepted : 2015.11.23
- Published : 2015.12.25
In this paper, we consider a method for estimating a stripe-type defect and the reconstruction of a defect-free L/S type mask used in lithography. Comparing diffraction patterns of defected and defect-free masks, we derive equations for the estimation of the location and size of the defect. We construct an analytical model for this problem and derive closed form equations to determine the location and size using phase retrieval problem solving techniques. Consequently, we develop an algorithm that determines a defect-free mask pattern. An example shows the validity of the equations.
EUVL (Extreme ultraviolet lithography);Phase retrieval
- H. Kinoshita, T. Harada, M. Nakasuji, Y. Nagata, and T. Watanabe, “Development of coherent scatterometry microscope,” Mic. Eng. 88, 2000-2003 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mee.2011.02.060
- K. Kim, J. Jo, M. Park, B. Ju, S. Cho, and J. Son, “Coherent scattering stereoscopic microscopy for mask inspection of extreme ultra-violet lithography,” Proc. SPIE 8738, 8738OZ (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2018588. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2018588
- J. A. Rodriguez, R. Xu, C. C. Chen, Y. F. Zou, and J. W. Miao, “Oversampling smoothness: an effective algorithm for phase retrieval of noisy diffraction intensities,” J. Appl. Crystal. 46, 312-318 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1107/S0021889813002471
- J. R. Fienup, “Phase retrieval algorithms: a comparison,” Appl. Opt. 21, 2758-2769 (1982), http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/AO.21.002758. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.21.002758
- T. Harada, M. Nakasuji, T. Kimura, Y. Nagata, T. Watanabe, and H. Kinoshita, “The coherent EUV scatterometry microscope for actinic mask inspection and metrology,” Proc. SPIE 8081, 80810K (2011).
- A. Tchikoulaeva, H. Miyai, T. Suzuki, K. Takehisa, H. Kusunose, T. Yamane, T. Terasawa, H. Watanabe, S. Inoue, and I. Mori, “EUV actinic blank inspection: from prototype to production,” Proc. SPIE 8679, 86790I (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2011776.
- M. S. Yi, T. Haga, C. Walton, and J. Bokor, “High sensitivity actinic detection of native defects on extreme ultraviolet lithography mask blanks,” J. Vac. Sci. & Tech. B 19, 2401-2405 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.1410088
- W. Kim and N. Kim, “Closed-form algorithms for phase retrieval with an additive point signal,” Opt. Express 17, 528-537 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.17.000528
- W. Kim and Y. You, “Deterministic phase retrieval for determination of a simple defect in L/S type mask inspection,” in Proc. SCS’14 (Prague, Czech Republic, 2014), pp. 44-47.
- W. Kim and M. H. Hayes, “Phase retrieval using two Fourier transform intensities,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 7, 441-449 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.7.000441
- M. Guizar-Sicairos and J. R. Fienup, “Holography with extended reference by autocorrelation linear differential operation,” Opt. Express 15, 17592-17612 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.15.017592
- S. G. Podorov, K. M. Pavlov, and D. M. Paganin, “A non-iterative reconstruction method for direct and unambiguous coherent diffractive imaging,” Opt. Express 15, 9954-9962 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.15.009954
- M. A. Fiddy, B. J. Brames, and J. C. Dainty, “Enforcing irreducibility for phase retrieval in two dimensions,” Opt. Lett. 8, 96-98 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.8.000096
- J. R. Fienup, “Reconstruction of objects having latent reference points,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. 73, 1421-1420 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSA.73.001421
- L. S. Taylor, “The phase retrieval problem,” IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. 29, 386-391 (1981). https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1981.1142559
- Accurate characterization of mask defects by combination of phase retrieval and deterministic approach vol.55, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1117/1.OE.55.10.103105