- Volume 15 Issue 6
The efficiency and reliability of the dual-buck inverter (DBI) were greatly improved by eliminating the shoot-through problem and optimally designing the freewheeling diode. The traditional DBI suffers from large harmonic components with low output voltage and large capacity output filter inductor. To overcome the aforementioned disadvantages, a modified DBI (MBDI) was proposed by adopting a quasi-resonant link and pulse density modulation (PDM). This paper first introduces the working principle of the MBDI and PDM, and then the selection principle of system parameters is presented. Finally, a mathematical model of the MBDIis built, and an experiment prototype is set up. Simulation and experimental results verify the correctness of the theoretical analysis and the feasibility of the scheme.
Dual-buck inverter;Pulse density modulation;Quasi-resonant link;Three-level hysteresis controller
- Z. Yao, L. Xiao, and Y. G. Yan, “Dual-buck full-bridge inverter with hysteresis current control,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 8, pp. 3153-3160, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2022072
- J. Liu and Y. G.Y an, “A novel hysteresis current controlled dual buck half bridge inverter,” in Annual of IEEE PESC, pp. 1615-1620, 2003.
- G.R. Stanley and K. M. Bradshaw, “Precision DC-to-AC power conversion by optimization of the output current waveform: The half bridge revisited,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 372-380, Mar. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.750191
- X. Huang, H. Yu, J. S. Lai, A. R. Hefner, D. W. Berning, “Characterization of paralleled super junction MOSFET devices under hard and soft-switching conditions,” in Annual of IEEE PESC, pp. 2145-2150,2001.
- M. R. Islam, Y. Guo, and Z. W. Lin, “An amorphous alloy core medium frequency magnetic-link for medium voltage photovoltaic inverters,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 115, No. 17, 17E710, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4864050
- D. Leggate and R. J. Kerkman, “Pulse based dead time compensator for PWM voltage inverters,” in Proceeding of IEEE IECON, pp. 474-481, 1995.
- J. W. Choi and S. K. Sul, “A new compensation strategy reducing voltage/current distortion in PWM VSI systems operating with low output voltages,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl.,Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 1001-1008, Sep. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.464512
- S. Kwak and J. C. Park, "Switching strategy based on model predictive control of VSI to obtain high efficiency and balanced loss distribution," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 29, No. 9, pp. 4551-4557, Nov. 2013.
- D. Lee, H. Kim, and J. Ahn, “A simple and direct dead-time effect compensation scheme in PWM-VSI,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 3017-3025, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2303932
- P.S. Kumar, N. Vishwanathan, and B. K. Murthy, “Buck-boost interleaved inverter configuration for multiple-load induction cooking application,” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 271-279, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.1.271
- Z. Yao, L. Xiao, and Y. G. Yan, “Control strategy for series and parallel output dual-buck half bridge inverters based on DSP control,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 434-444, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2007117
- Y. Sun, L. Li, X. Dai. Y. G. Su, and Z. H. Wang, “Discrete mapping and simulation of a full bridge current-fed soft-switching converter,” Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 20-24, Jun. 2005.
- Y. F. Chen, S. S. Qiu, and G. Z. Zhang, “Full-order nonlinear modeling and symbolic analysis of frequency modulation quasi-resonant switching converters,” Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 30-34, Apr. 2003.
- R. Chen and J. S. Zhang, “Analysis and design of a new topology of soft-switching inverters,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 51-58, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.1.51
- J. H. Wang, F. H. Zhang, and C. Y. Gong, “Modeling and analysis of inverter with hysteretic current control,” Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 63-69, Jun. 2010.
- P. Sun, C. Liu, and J. S. Lai, “Cascade dual buck inverter with phase-shift control,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 2067-2077, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2169282
- B.R. Lin and W. J. Lin, “Single-switch buck converter with a ripple-free inductor current,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 882-889,Jul. 2011.
- H. L. Do, “Single-switch buck converter with a ripple-free inductor current,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 507-511, Jul. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.4.507