- Volume 57 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Impact Assessment of Liquid Manure Application on Soil and Shallow Groundwater in Poplar Experimental Site
액비 시비에 따른 포플러시험포 토양수 및 천층지하수 수질 영향 평가
- Hong, Eun-Mi (Research Institute for Agriculture & Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Choi, Jin-Yong (Department of Rural Systems Engineering and Research Institute for Agriculture & Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Nam, Won-Ho (National Drought Mitigation Center (NDMC), School of Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyun (Research Institute for Agriculture & Life Sciences, Seoul National University) ;
- Yoo, Seung-Hwan (Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Purdue University)
- Received : 2014.03.21
- Accepted : 2014.11.26
- Published : 2015.01.30
As livestock manure treatment is becoming a problem, manure application in forest plantation is recommended as an alternative. In this study, to investigate the impact due to liquid manure application in forest plantation, soil, soil water and shallow groundwater quality had been monitored in poplar experimental site where the liquid manure (LM) was applied. Water samples were collected weekly during growing season (April to October) from 2008 to 2011. From the monitoring results, phosphorus concentration in the soil and soil water had no significant difference between LM and control plots.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Ayers, R.S., and D.W. Westcot, 1985. Water Quality for Agriculture. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper 29, revised 1. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- Bakhsh, A., R.S. Kanwar, and D.L. Karlen, 2005. Effects of liquid swine manure applications on NO3-N leaching losses to subsurface drainage water from loamy soils in Iowa. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 109: 118-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2005.01.018
- Cho, D.H., 2009. Effects of Liquid Pig Manure on Early Growth of Abandoned Coal Mine Trees. MS.c thesis, Kyungpook, Kyungpook National University (in Korean with English abstract).
- Gundersen, P. 1998. Effects of enhanced nitrogen deposition in a spruce forest at Klosterhede, Denmark, examined by moderate NH4NO3 addition. Forest Ecology and Management 101: 251-268. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-1127(97)00141-2
- Hong, E.M., J.Y. Choi, S.H. Yoo, W.H. Nam, 2013. Monitoring of Shallow Goundwater Salinity in Livestock Manure Applications to Recalimed Tidal Land. Irrigation and Drainage 62: 63-74. https://doi.org/10.1002/ird.1787
- Hong, E.M., J.Y. Choi, S.H. Yoo, W.H. Nam, J.K. Yeo, and I.G. Choi, 2010. Effect of Low Concentration Liquid Manure application on Soil Water and Groundwater Quality in Bio-Circulation Experimental Forest. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 52(5): 37-45 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2010.52.5.037
- Kanwar, R.S., D. Bjorneberg, and D. Baker, 1999. An automated system for monitoring the quality and quantity of subsurface drain flow. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research 73: 123-129. https://doi.org/10.1006/jaer.1998.0398
- Kim, H.C., J.K. Yeo, Y.B. Koo, H. Shin, J.Y. Choi, and H.H. Lee, 2011a. Growth and biomass production of fast growing tree species treated with slurry composting and biofiltration liquid fertilizer. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 44(2): 206-214 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.206
- Kim, H.Y., K.S. Gwak, H.Y. Kim, K.O. Ryu, P.G. Kim, D.H. Cho, J.Y. Choi, and I.G. Choi, 2011b. Effect of Treatment Amounts of Slurry Composting and Biofiltration Liquid Fertilizer on Growth Characteristics and Bioethanol Production of Yellow Poplar. Journal of Korean Wood Science and Technology 39(6): 459-468 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2011.39.6.459
- Lim, T.J., S.D. Hong, S.B. Kang, and J.M. Park. 2009. Evaluation of the preplant optimum application rates of pig slurry composting biofiltration for Chinese cabbage. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 27(4): 572-577 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Park, J.H., J.K. Yeo, Y.B. Koo, W.W. Lee, H.C. Kim, and CH. Park, 2008. Effects of Slurry Composting and Biofiltration Liquid Fertilizer on Growth Characteristic of Poplar Clones in a Reclaimed Land Mounding Soil. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 41(5): 318-323 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim and S.E. Lee, 2012 Effect of Pig Slurry Application on the Mineral Content of Leaf, Fruit Quality and Soil Chemical Properties in Pear Orchard. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 45(2): 209-214 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.209
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, S.E. Lee, and I.B. Lee. 2011. Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and growth and development of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 44: 194-199 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.194
- RDA, 2007. Research Report on the Resourcing Techniques for Livestock Manure. 11-1390000-007185-01. Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Gyeonnggi (in Korean).
- Woo, B.M. 1997. Forest Engineering. Korea: Kwangilmunhwoasa (in Korean).
- Yeo, J.K., I.S. Kim, Y.B. Koo, Y.J. Kim, and S.H. Joo, 2003. Growth and Absorption of Livestock Waste Water of Poplar Species at Test Plantation. Journal Korea Society of Waste Management 20(8): 747-749 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Yoo, S.G., 2011. The Effect of Biofiltered Livestock Slurry Composts on Tyee Growth Performances and Coal Mine Tailings. Ph.D. dissertation, Chungbuk, Chungbuk National University (in Korean with English abstract).