- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Establishment of Economic Threshold Caused by Rice Sheath Blight Disease severity
벼 잎집무늬마름병의 발생정도에 따른 경제적 방제수준 설정
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.12.31
This research was performed to establish economic threshold (ET) for rice sheath blight disease with the cultivar Odeabyeo. Total yield and yield components, such as the panicle number per hill, the spikelet per panicle, the percent ripened grain and the thousand grain weight were evaluated depending on the disease severity of sheath blight on rice, respectively. Significant negative correlation between the percent of diseased hill (PDH) and total yield was observed (r = -0.93). Moreover, negative correlation coefficients were found between PDH and spikelet per panicle, and percent ripened grain (r = -0.66 and -0.77, respectively). There were no correlations between PDH and the panical number per hill, and a thousand grain weight, respectively. In this study, economic threshold level on sheath blight disease on rice was established on 7.8% of PDH.
rice;sheath blight;economic threshold level
- Luo, Y. and T. J. Michailides (2003) Threshold condition that lead latent infection to prune fruit rot caused by Monilinia fructicola. Phytopathology 93:102-111. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.2003.93.1.102
- McGrath, M. T. and H. Staniszewska (1996) Management of powdery mildew in summer squash with host resistance, disease threshold-based fungicide programs, or an integrated program. Plant Dis. 80:1044-1052. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-80-1044
- Allen, W. A. and E. G. Rajotte (1990) The changing role of extension entomology in the IPM area. Ann. Rev. Entomol. 35:379-97. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.en.35.010190.002115
- Hori, M. (1969) On forecasting the damage due to sheath blight of rice plant and the critical point for judging the necessity of chemical control of the disease. Rev. Plant Prot. Res. 2:70-73.
- Mizuta, H. (1956) On the relation between yield and inoculation time of sheath-blight, Corticium sasaki in the earlier planted paddy rice. Association for plant protection, Kyushu 2:100-102. https://doi.org/10.4241/kyubyochu.2.100
- Ou, S. H. (1973) Breeding plants for disease resistance concepts and application, ed. R. R. Nelson, Pennsylvania State Uni. press, University Park and London pp. 91-109.
- Park, H. H., W. H. Yeh and H. M. Park (2007) Gain threshold estimation for some pests in major crops. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 46:63-69. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2007.46.1.063
- Pedigo, L. P., S. H. Hutchins and L. G. Higley (1986) Economic injury level in theory and Practice. Ann. Rev. Entomol. 31:341-368. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.en.31.010186.002013
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). (1997) Compendium of rice pest control. 68-69.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). (2008) Income analysis of agricultural products in 2007. pp. 161.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA) (2001) The technology of high quality rice production pp. 11-74.
- SAS Institute (2004) SAS user's. SAS Institute, Cary, N. C.
- Stern, V. M., R. F. Smith, R. Van den Bosch and K. S. Hagen (1959) The integrated control concept. Hilgardia. 28:81-101.
- Stone, J. D. and L. P. Pedigo (1972) Development and economic injury level of the green clover worm on soybean in Iowa. J. Econ. Entom. 65:197-201. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/65.1.197
- Ye, C. F. and Y. Q. Zhu (1999) The economic threshold of Scotinophara lurida in seedling stage of rice. Ecological Knowledge. 36:132-134 (In Chinese).
- Yeh, W. H., H. H. Park, Y. J. Nam, S. A. Kim, J. H. Lee, H. S. Shim, Y. K. Kim, Y. H. Lee and Y. H. Lee (2008) Establishment of economic threshold by evaluation of yield component and yield damages caused by rice leaf blast (Magnaporthe grisea) Res. Plant Dis. 14(1):21-25. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2008.14.1.021
- 吉澤榮治. (1996) イチモンジセセリの被害解析および要防除密度. 植物防疫 50(12):504-506.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청