- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Screening of Seed Treatment Fungicide for Control of Damping-off caused by Rhizoctonia solani on Panax ginseng
Rhizoctonia solani에 의한 인삼 모잘록병 방제용 종자처리 약제 선발
Shin, Jeong-Seop;Lee, Seung-Hwan;Cho, Hye-Sun;Cho, Dae-Hui;Kim, Kyoung-Ju;Hong, Tae-Kyun;Park, Chol-Soo;Lee, Seong-Kye;Jung, Hee-Young
- Received : 2015.10.28
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2015.12.31
Damping-off is a critical disease on ginseng seedling, which caused by the fungal pathogen Rhizoctonia solani. The disease has been prevented by tolclofos-methyl for the last 20 years. However, the tolclofos-methyl usually detected on the harvested roots of 6-year-old ginseng. Herein, we tried to select an alternative pesticide which not only must be safe but also efficiently inhibits the fungal pathogen. Four fungicides (fludioxonil, flutolanil, pencycuron, and thifluzamide) were applied to their inhibition efficacy against the pathogen. In in vitro test, fludioxonil treatment showed 80% inhibition activity for 25 days. Thifluzamide and flutolanil showed the activity for 10 days. Pencycuron showed for 1 days. In addition, the fludioxonil was more effective to control the pathogen comparing to other three fungicides in field. The incidence of damping-off was reduced to 71% by fludioxonil treatment. The level of the fungicide residue in seedling was 0.44 mg/kg, which value will be a negligible level in final products after 5 years. Consequently, the fludioxonil is a conceivable alternative for tolclofos-methyl to cope with R. solani.
Damping-off;Fludioxonil;Panax ginseng;Rhizoctonia solani;Seed treatment
- Cho, D. H., J. Y. Kang and Y. H. Yu (2004) Anastomosis group, pathogenicity and growth characteristics of Rhizoctonia solani causing damping off on Panax ginseng. Korean J. Ginseng Res. 28(4):183-190. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2004.28.4.183
- Cho, D. H. and Y. H. Yu (2005) Effect of fludioxonil, flutolanil, and thifluzamide on suppression of damping-off caused by Rhizoctonia solani on Panax ginseng. Korean J. Ginseng Res. 29(4):185-191. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2005.29.4.185
- Lehotay, S. J., A. de Kok, M. Hiemstra and P. Van Bodegraven (2005) Validation of a fast and easy method for the determination of residues from 229 pesticides in fruits and vegetables using gas and liquid chromatography and mass spectrometric detection. J. AOAC. Int. 88(2):595-614.
- Na, E. S., Y. J. Lee, K. J. Kim, S. S. Kim and K. S. Lee (2013) Establishment of pre-harvest Residue Limits of clothianidin and thiacloprid in ginseng. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 17(3):155-161. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2013.17.3.155
- Yu, Y. H., D. H. Cho and S. H. Ohh (1989) Effect of tolcofosmethyl on damping-off of ginseng seedings incited by Rhizoctonia solani. Korean J. Ginseng Res. 13:114-118.
- Cho, D. H., H. S. Cho, J. S. Shin and D. W. Park (2007) Control of damping-off and ginseng stem fungus gnat of ginseng. KT&G Ginseng research report. pp. 28-33.