- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of planting date for the prevention of frost-pillar damage and replanting of damaged plant on onion (Allium cepa L.)
양파 정식시기별 서릿발 피해 방지 및 피해주 재이식 효과
Kwon, Young-Seok;Choi, In-Hu;Kim, Cheol-Woo;Choi, Min-Seon;Kwak, Jung-Ho;Lim, Yong-Pyo
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2015.12.31
In the year 2013, onions cultivation in Jeonnam province suffered by frost-pillar damage. To reveal the aspects of the cause and outbreak, we surveyed those damaged areas. Usually the frost-pillar damage occurred in February. But the outbreak aspect is so unforeseeable. In 2013, the damage was shown as 10.6% in onion fields including paddy fields, but no damage was noticed in 2014. The damage was noticed as 77.8% in paddy fields and 30.1% in upland. And, by the difference of the onion transplanting date, it occurred as 0.7% by the middle of November to the early of November, 22% by the middle of November and 69.0% by the early of December. If one performed the supplementary planting at
Allium cepa L.;Frost pillar;Re-planting;Planting time
- Gill PA, Waister PD. 1983. Winter hardness on autumn sown onions (Allium cepa L). Crop Research 23:17.
- Brewster JL. 1979. The response of growth rate to temperature in seeding of several Allium crop species. Annual Applied Biology 93:351. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7348.1979.tb06551.x
- Cho CH, Lee ES, Ha YW, Lee JI. 1982. Meteorological constraints and countermeasures in winter crop production. Korean Journal of crop Science 27:411-434. [in Korean]
- Hahn GP, Choi SK. 1987. Effect of planting time on the advanced production of onion in the southern area in korea. Research report of Rural Development Administration 29(20):228-232.
- Lee ET, Choi CG, Kim CW, Kwon YS, Ha IJ, Choi IH, Kim SB, Kim HD. 2011. Guide of agriculture technology in onion. Rural Development Administration. pp. 156-157.
- Lee ET, Hwang EJ, Kwon YS. 2013. Development commercial technique for labor saving and crop situation of onion and garlic. Annual agricultural report Rural Development Administration 8-13.
- MAFRA (Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs). 2015. Agriculture, Food and rural affairs statistics yearbook. http://lib.mafra.go.kr/preview/viewer. 2015:310.
- Peffley EB, Oritz M, Corgan JN. 1981. A technique for onion cold hardness evaluation: effects of plant age and size on hardness. HortScience 16:773.
- Suh HS, Lee BH, Chung GS. 1986. Influence of weather condition for grain yield in barley. Korean Journal of crop Science 31(3):318-325. [in Korean]
- Suh JK, Kim YB. 1996. Influence of sowing dates and seeding ages on growth and yield under mulching culture in onion (Allium cepa L.). Journal of Agricultural Science Rural Development Administration 38(1):633-639.
- Tronickova E. 1971. The winter hardness of onion varieties sown in August, Sbornik UVTI, Zahradnictvi. 1:13.
- Production of Agrometeorological Information in Onion Fields using Geostatistical Models vol.27, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2018.27.7.509
Supported by : 농촌진흥청