- Volume 42 Issue 4
This paper reviews current status of weed science in Japanese regional agricultural systems based on the 54th Annual Meeting of the Weed Science Society of Japan. About 300 researchers from 5 countries including Korea participated in the Conference and presented 100 papers in research areas. This congress has an purpose to discuss new troubles, findings and results of weed science. Weed science faces big challenges such as increase in herbicide-resistant weeds, gene-flow from transgenic crops, and invasive weeds. Major research topics were invasive weeds and their ecology, allelopathy, weed management in paddy field, weed management in field crops, and herbicide resistance. Weed control and herbicide resistance management in paddy field were a main object of research. To prevent the increase of problematic weeds and to overcome food crisis, the importance of weed-related researches has been raised. Therefore it is expected that various weed management systems and control of herbicide resistant weeds should be studied continuously in the weed science.
Alleopathy;Annual meeting;Herbicide resistance;Weed
- Hwang JB. 2010. Report on the 49th Annual Meeting of the Weed Science Society of Japan. Korea Journal of Weed Science 30(4):460-467. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5660/KJWS.2010.30.4.460
- Hwang JB, Park TS, Kang CG. 2012. Report on the 51th Annual Meeting of the Weed Science Society of Japan. Korea Journal of Weed Science 32(3):285-290. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5660/KJWS.2012.32.3.285
- IUPAC (International Congress of Pesticide Chemistry). 2014. International congress of pesticide chemistry p. 132.
- Lee IY, Yoon CS, Hwang JB, Choi YS, Lim ES. 2006, Report on the 45th Annual Meeting of the Weed Science Society of Japan. Korea Journal of Weed Science 26(2):195-202. [in Korean]
- Lee IY, Kim DS, Park TS. 2011. The East Asian Weed Science Congress in Commemoration of 30th Anniversary of KSWS. Korea Journal of Weed Science 31(4):416-419. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5660/KJWS.2011.31.4.416
- Lee IY, Lee JG, Kim DS, Park KW. 2014. Current Status and Perspective of Weed Science in Asian-Pacific Region. Weed & Turfgrass Science 3(1):1-5. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.1.1
- Oh SM. 2003. Korean Weeds. Seoul press Co. Ltd. p. 335.
- Yang BH, Sowndhararaian K, Kim SM. 2015. Effect of Fragrant Components form Weeds on the Behavior of Consumers. Korea Journal of Weed Science 35(2):12-19. [in Korean]
- WSSJ (Weed Science Society of Japan). 2015. The 54th Annual Meeting of the Weed Science Society of Japan p.137.
Supported by : RDA