- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Preference analysis of administrator group for public forest road use (I) - Problems of forest road use and standards and suggestions for future improvement -
임도 시설에 대한 관리자 집단의 의식성향 분석(I) - 임도 활용의 문제점 및 개선방법을 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.09.30
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was conducted to investigate the awareness tendency of the government employees who manage forest roads about problems of forest road use and how to improve them in the future using surveys. The results show there are more silvicultural operations than harvesting operations using forest roads. The main purpose of using forest roads is to transport workers; however, the road will be used more for harvesting operations in the future. The respondents wanted to be accessibility for forest operations within 200 m from road in both present and future. For silvicultural operations 1-ton vehicle is used at present, and 5-ton vehicles are expected to be used in the future. For harvesting operations 5-ton vehicle is used at present, and 10-ton vehicles are will be used in the future. The roadway width is 3 - 4 m at present, but should be 4 - 4.5 m in the future. The longitudinal gradient of roads is 7 - 10% at present, and will be below 10% in the future. The minimum curve radius of roads is 12 - 15 m at present, and will be 15 - 20 m in the future. The results provide basic data for making future forest road policies.
Forest road;Survey;Forest operation;Silviculture;Harvesting
- Cha DS., Kim JY, Lee HJ, Jung DH, Ji BY. 1996. Analyzing the social cognition of local residents on forest road construction by questionnaire survey. Journal of forest science 53:194-205 (in Korean).
- JFA (Japan Forest Agency). 1982. Report of forest road investigation. Sanrin(9):47-54. (In Japanese)
- KFS (Korea Forest Service). 2014. Statistical yearbook of forestry.
- KFRI (Korea Forest Research Institute). 2014. The thinning technics by forest function.
- Yashizawa S. 1986. Road constructing and local community. Journal of Chuo Univ. accounting institute. 27:53-75. (In Japanese)
Grant : 목재 운송을 위한 임내도로의 적정 구조？규격과 계통적 연계 연구