- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Influence of the lime on inorganic ion and glucosinolate contents in Chinese cabbage
생석회 시비가 배추 내 무기이온 및 글루코시놀레이트 함량에 미치는 영향
Kim, Young-Jin;Chun, Jin-Hyuk;Kim, Sun-Ju
- Received : 2015.08.20
- Accepted : 2015.09.03
- Published : 2015.12.31
Ca is material to used in Chinese cabbage (Brasica rapa L. spp. pekinensis). The variation of inorganic ions and GSLs in Chinese cabbage cultivated to control additional Ca contents in slaked lime. The additional fertilizer of slaked lime differ four grade that 0 g (Ca-0), 0.28 g (Ca-1), 0.56 g (Ca-2), 0.84 g (Ca-3) are week intervals with a total of 8 times after transplanting. Inorganic ions in Chinese cabbage ('Bulam plus') were analyzed to use inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectometry(ICP). The more additional slaked lime input, the more almost macronutrients contents were high except Ca. Ca contents were higher in Ca-0 (153.10) and lower in Ca-3 (130.55 mg/kg dry weight, DW). GSLs were identified based on peak retention time in previous results of our laboratory. Seven GSLs including two aliphatic (gluconapin, glucobrassicanapin), one aromatic (gluconasturtiin), four indolyl (glucobrassicin, neoglucobrassicin, 4-methoxyglucobrassicin, 4-hydroxyglucobrassicin) were detected using HPLC. Progoitrin, 4-methoxyglucobrassicin, and gluconasturtiin contents increased in proportion to the input in additional slaked lime. Total GSLs contents were Ca-0 (11.95), Ca-1 (17.02), Ca-2 (19.63), Ca-3 (
Calcium;Chinese cabbage;Inorganic ion;Glucosinolates;Slaked lime
- Bartz JA, Locascio SJ, Weingartner DR. 1992. Calcium and potassium fertilization of potatoes grown in North Florida. II. Effect on the bacterial soft rot potential in the tubers. American Journal of Potato Research 69:39-50. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02853409
- Broadley MR, White PJ. 2010. Eats roots and leaves. Can edible horticultural crops address dietary calcium, magnesium and potassium deficiencies?. Proceedings of The Nutrition Society 69:601-612. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0029665110001588
- Clarke DB. 2010. Glucosinolates, structures and analysis in food. Analyltical Methods 2(4):301-416. https://doi.org/10.1039/c004387g
- Cother EJ, Cullis BR. 1992. The influence of tuber position on periderm calcium content and its relationship to soft rot susceptibility. Potato Research 35:271-277. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02357707
- Hara T, Sonoda Y. 1979. The role of macronutrients in cabbagehead formation. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 25:113-120. https://doi.org/10.1080/00380768.1979.10433151
- International Standards Organization (ISO). 1992. Rapeseed: determination of glucosinolates content - Part 1: Methodb using high performance liquid chromatography, ISO 9167-1:1992. Geneva, Switzerland. pp. 1-9.
- Jang EJ, Kim BJ, Jang YA, Kim JK. 2002. Temporal relationship between calcium concentration in nutrient solution and susceptibility of chinese cabbage to soft rot. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology 20:48. [in Korean]
- Jang YH, Lee SH, Lee KS, 2012. Effects of chelate-Ca foliar treatments on leaf calcium concentration, yield and growth of lettuce, Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer 12:198. [in Korean]
- Kim BS, Yeoung YR. 2004. Suppression of bacterial soft rot on chinese cabbage by calcium fertilizer treatment. Research in Plant Disease 10(1):82-85. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2004.10.1.082
- Kim SJ, Kawaharada C, Ishii G, 2006. Effect of ammonium: nitrate nutrient ratio on nitrate and glucosinolate contents of hydroponically-grown rocket salad (Eruca sativa Mill.). Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 52:387-393. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-0765.2006.00048.x
- Ku KH, Sunwoo JY, Park WS, 2005. Effects of ingredients on the its quality characteristics during kimchi fermentation. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition 34:267-276. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.2.267
- Lee JS, Sung K, Park SH, Cho DU. 2012. Effect of N, K and P fertilizer rates and method of application on growth of chinese cabbage (Brassica campetris L. var. pekinensis). Journal of Agriculture Science Research 28(1):7-10. [in Korean]
- Mcguire RG, Kelman A. 1984. Reduceds severity of erwinia soft rot in potato tubers with increased calcium content. Phytopathology 74:1250-1256. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-74-1250
- Park SH, Gang HJ, Chinese cabbage - GAP (Good Agricultural Practies) standard cultural guideline. Rural Development Administration Gardening Research Institute Vegetable Department. 2006. Suwon, Korea. pp. 61-62.
- Song L, Thornalley PJ. 2007. Effect of storage, processing and cooking on glucosinolate content of Brassica vegetables. Food and Chemical Toxicology 45:216-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2006.07.021
- Stoewsand GS. 1995. Bioactive Organosulfur Phytochemicals in Brassica oleracea Vegetables A Review. Food and Chemical Toxicology 33(6):537-543. https://doi.org/10.1016/0278-6915(95)00017-V
- Sung JM, Lim JH, Kim SI, Jeong JW. 2009. Effect of mashed red pepper admixed with various freezing point depression agents on the quality characteristics of kimchi. Korean Journal of Food Preservation 16:861-868. [in Korean]
- Vallejo F, Tomas-Barberan FA, Gonzalez Benavente-Garcia A, Garcia-Viguera C. 2003. Total and individual glucosinolate contents in inflorescences of eight broccoli cultivars grown under various climatic and fertilisation conditions. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 83:303-307.
- Webster B, Chesney AM. 1930. Studies in the etiology of simple goiter. The American Journal of pathology 6(3):275-284.
- Zhang Y, Talalay T. 1994. Anticarcinogenic Activities of Organic Isothiocyanates: Chemistry and Mechanisms. Cancer Research 54:1977-1981.
Supported by : 농림축산식품부, 해양수산부, 농촌진흥청, 산림청