- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of reduced additional fertilizer on tomato yield and nutrient contents in salt accumulated soil
시설재배지 염류집적 토양에 대한 추비 저감 처리가 토마토 수량 및 양분함량에 미치는 영향
Lim, Jung-Eun;Ha, Sang-Keun;Lee, Ye-Jin;Yun, Hye-Jin;Cho, Min-Ji;Lee, Deog-Bae;Sung, Jwa-Kyung
- Received : 2015.09.26
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of reduced nitrogen (N) and potassium (K) fertigation as additional fertilizer on tomato yield and nutrient contents in excessively nutrients-accumulated soil. Shoot and root dry weights (DW), dry matter rate for shoot, root and fruit and number of fruit in both AF50 and AF100 (50 and 100% levels of additional fertilizer) treatments were increased in comparison with those in AF0 (0% level of additional fertilizer) treatment. In case of nutrient uptake by tomato, nitrogen, phosphorous (P) and potassium contents in all tomato parts (leaf, stem, root and fruit) in AF50 and AF100 treatment were lower than those in AF0 treatment. On the contrary, soluble sugar and starch contents in all tomato parts in AF50 and AF100 were higher than those in AF0 treatment. There were differences between AF0 and AF50 or AF100 in tomato growth, yield, nutrient level and contents of soluble sugar and starch. In contrast, the level and initiation point of fertigation did not significantly affect the parameters. Based on our results, the application of properly reduced level of additional fertilizer is possible to maintain the productivity of tomato and alleviate the nutrient accumulation in plastic film house soils.
- Beckles DM. 2012. Factors affecting the postharvest soluble solids and sugar content of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruit. Postharvest Biology and Technology 63(1):129-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2011.05.016
- Brady NC, Weil RR. 2007. The nature and properties of soils, fourteenth edition. MacMillan, New York.
- Cuartero J, Fernandez-Munoz R. 1999. Tomato and salinity. Scientia Horticulturae 78(1-4):83-125.
- Jin CW, Yoon BS, Cho DH. 2006. The desalinization effects by corn as a cleaning crop and its physiological characteristics in salt accumulated soil of the plastic film house cultivation. Korean Journal of Organic Agriculture 14(2):179-189.
- Kang BG, Lee SY, Lim SC, Kim YS, Hong SD, Chung KY, Chung DY. 2011. Establishment of application level for the proper use of organic materials as the carbonaceous amendments in the greenhouse soil. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 44(2):248-255. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.248
- Kim DS, Yang JE, Ok YS, Yoo KY. 2006. Effect of perforated PVC underdrainage pipe on desalting of plastic film house soils. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 39(2):65-72.
- Kim LY, Choi JH, Lee YJ, Hong SD, Bae JH, Baek KT. 2012. A study on salt removal in controlled cultivation soil using electrokinetic technology. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 45(6):1230-1236. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.6.1230
- KOSTAT. 2015. Korean Statistical Information Service (http://www.kosis.kr). Statistics Korea, Daejeon, Korea.
- Lee IB, Lim JH, Park JM. 2007. Effect of reduced nitrogen fertigation rates on growth and yield of tomato. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture 26(4):306-312. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2007.26.4.306
- Lee IB, Park JM, Lim JH, Hwang KS. 2006. Growth and yield response of the following tomato crop according to incorporation of green manures into soil. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture 25(4):346-351. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2006.25.4.346
- NAAS. 2015. Korean Soil Information System (http://soil.rda.go.kr/soil/index.jsp). National Academy of Agricultural Science, Wanju, Korea.
- NIAST. 2000. Method of soil and plant analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Suwon, Korea.
- Oh SE, Son JS, Ok YS, Joo JH. 2010. A modified methodology of salt removal through flooding and drainage in a plastic film house soil. Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 43(5):443-449.
- Rhee HC, Cho MW, Lee SY, Choi GL, Lee JH. 2007. Effect of salt concentration in soil on the growth, yield, photosynthetic rate and mineral uptake of tomato in protected cultivation. Journal of Bio-Environment Control 16(4):328-332.
- Rhee HC, Kang KH, Kweon KB, Choi YH, Kim HT. 2002. Effect of NaCl stress on the growth, photosynthetic rate and mineral uptake of tomato, red pepper, and egg plant in pot culture. Journal of Bio-Environment Control 11(3):133-138.
- Sainju UM, Dris R, Singh B. 2003. Mineral nutrition of tomato. Food, Agriculture and Environment 1(2):176-183.
- SAS Institute. 2008. SAS/STAT 9.2 user''s guide. Cary, NC, USA.
- Wang YT, Huang SW, Liu RL, Jin JY. 2007. Effects of nitrogen application on flavor compounds of cherry tomato fruits. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 170(4):461-468. https://doi.org/10.1002/jpln.200700011
- Yoshida S, Forno DA, Cock JH, Gomez KA. 1976. Laboratory manual for physiological studies of rice. Third edition. pp. 46-49. The International Rice Research Institute. Laguna, Philippines.
Grant : 시설재배 유형별 양수분 요구도 산정 및 생리대사물질 평가
Supported by : 농촌진흥청