- Volume 35 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Oxygen Content on the Glass Forming Ability and Mechanical Properties of the Zr-based Amorphous Alloy Return Scrap
Zr기지 비정질 합금 스크랩의 비정질 형성능 및 기계적 성질에 미치는 산소함량의 영향
Kim, Sung-Gyoo;Lee, Byung-Chul;Park, Heung-Il
- Received : 2015.04.23
- Accepted : 2015.07.15
- Published : 2015.08.31
Commercial Zr-based amorphous alloy was recycled and oxygen was introduced during the recycling process. The oxygen content can have a great effect on the glass forming ability and the mechanical properties of the alloy. Therefore, it was closely examined. The initial oxygen content in the raw material was 1,244 ppm. It was increased to 3,789 ppm in the alloy after ten recycling processes. As the recycling processes were repeated, the oxygen content increased. Specifically, after four recycling processes, it increased sharply as compared to that after three recycling processes. After ten recycling processes, the glass transition temperature (Tg) increased from 613 K to 634 K and the crystallization temperature (Tx) increased from 696 K to 706 K. On the other hand, the super-cooled liquid region (
Zr-based amorphous alloy;Recycling;Oxygen content;Glass forming ability;Mechanical properties
- Klement W, Willen R. H and Duwez P, Nature, "Noncrystalline Structure in Solidified Gold-Silicon Alloys", 187 (1960) 869-870.
- Chen H. S, Rep. Pro. Phys., "Glassy Metals", 43 (1980) 353-432. https://doi.org/10.1088/0034-4885/43/4/001
- Masumoto T, "Materials Science of Amorphous Metal", (1982) Ohmu Pub., Tokyo.
- Luborsky F. E, "Amorphous Metallic Alloy", (1983) Butterworths, London.
- Liebermann H. H, "Rapid Solidified Alloys", (1983) Marcel Dekker Inc., New York.
- Inoue A, Zhang T and Masumoto T, Mater. Trans., JIM, "Al-La-Ni Amorphous Alloys with a Wide Supercooled Liquid Region", 30 (1989) 965-972. https://doi.org/10.2320/matertrans1989.30.965
- Inoue A, Yamaguchi H, Zhang T and Masumoto T, Mater. Trans., JIM, "Al-La-Cu Amorphous Alloys with a Wide Supercooled Liquid Region", 31 (1990) 104-109. https://doi.org/10.2320/matertrans1989.31.104
Supported by : 부경대학교