- Volume 35 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of Ti, B, Zr Elements on Grain Refinement and Castability of Al-4wt%Mg-0.9wt%Si-0.3wt%Mn-0.15wt%Fe Casting Alloy
주조용 Al-4wt%Mg-0.9wt%Si-0.3wt%Mn-0.15wt%Fe 합금의 결정립 미세화와 주조특성에 미치는 Ti, B, Zr 첨가원소의 영향
- Received : 2015.04.20
- Accepted : 2015.10.13
- Published : 2015.10.31
The effects of Ti, B and Zr on grain refinement and castability were investigated in Al-4wt%Mg-0.9wt%Si-0.3wt%Mn-0.15wt%Fe alloy. Measurement of cooling curve and micro-structure observation were performed to analyze the effects of the addition of minor elements Ti, B and Zr during solidification. The prominence of effect on grain refinement was in increasing order for Ti, Zr and B element. Fine grain size and an increase of the crystallization temperature for
Grain refinement;Fluidity test;Shrinkage test;Al-4wt%Mg-0.9wt%Si-0.3wt%Mn-0.15wt%Fe alloy
- J. L. Jorstad, Die Casting Engineer, "Future technology in Aluminum die casting", 9 (2006) 18-25.
- H. Koch, U. Hielsher, H. Sternau and A. J. Franke, Light Metals 1995 :TMS, Las Vegas, USA, "Silafont-36, the new low iron high-pressure die-casting alloy", Feb. (1995) 1011- 1018.
- M. Makhlouf and D. Apelian, ACRC, "Casting characteristics of Aluminum die casting alloys", Paper No. DEFC07-99ID (2002) 13716.
- Kim JM, Seong KD and Jun JH, J. Korea Foundry Society, "Variation of fluidity and mechanical properties of Al-Mg alloys with the addition of Si, Mn and Zn", 24 (2004) 138-144.
- D.G. McCartney, Int. Mater. Rev., "Grain refining of aluminum and its alloys using inoculants", 34 (1989) 247-260. https://doi.org/10.1179/imr.1918.104.22.168
- B.S. Murty, S. A. Kori and M. Chakraborty, Int. Mater. Rev., "Grain refinement of aluminum and its alloys by heterogeneous nucleation and alloying", 47 (2002) 3-29. https://doi.org/10.1179/095066001225001049
- A. Lindsay Geer et al., Adv. Eng. Mater., "Grain refinement of aluminium alloys by inoculation", 5 (2003) 81-91. https://doi.org/10.1002/adem.200390013
- A. Kozlov and R. Schmid-Fetzer, Materials Sci. and Eng., "Growth restriction factor in Al-Si-Mg-Cu alloys", 27 (2011) 012001-6.
- T. Chandrashekar, M.K. Muralidhara, K.T. Kashyap and P. Raghothama Rao, Int. J. Manuf. Technol., "Effect of growth restricting factor on grain refinement of aluminum alloys", 40 (2009) 234-241. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-007-1336-x
- L. Zhang, D.G. Eskin, A. Miroux and L. Katgeman, 13th Int. Conf. on Aluminum Alloy(ICAA13), Pennsylvania, USA, "Role of solute and transition metals in grain refinement of aluminum alloys under ultrasonic melt treatment", June 3-7 (2012) 1389-1394.
- J. L. Jorstad, Wayne and D.L Zalensas, Aluminum Casting Technology 2nd ed., American Foundrymen's Society Inc., Illinois (1997) 21-26.
- M. Easton and D. St.John, Met. and Mat. Trans. A, "Grain refinement of aluminum alloys", 30A (1999) 1613-1633.
- Kim HJ, J. Korea Foundry Society, "Effects of Fe, Mn content on the castability of Al-4%Mg-0.9%Si alloys for high pressure die casting", 33 (2013) 55-62. https://doi.org/10.7777/jkfs.2013.33.2.055
- Z.Chen, Z.He and W. Jie, J. Mater. Sci. Technol., "A model for evaluation of grain sizes of aluminum alloys with grain refinement additions", 23 (2007) 619-622.
- S. Nafisi and R. Ghomashchi, Materials Sci. and Eng. A, "Boron-based refiners: Implications in conventional casting of Al-Si alloys", 452-453 (2007) 445-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2006.10.145
- G.K. Sigworth and T.A. Kuhn, AFS Transactions "Grain Refinement of Aluminum Casting Alloys", paper 07-067 (2007), p1-12
- Kwon YD, Lee ZH and Kim KH, J. Korea Foundry Society, "The effect of grain refinement in fluidity of Al-4.8%Cu- 0.6%Mn alloy", 22 (2002) 109-113.
- M. Johnsson and L. Backerud: Z. Metallkd., 87 (1996), 216- 220.
- J. Campbell, Castings 1st ed., Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd., Oxford (1991) 194.
- M. Petric, J. Medved and P. Mrvar, Metalurgua "Effect of grain refinement and modification of eutectic phase on shrinkage of AlSi9Cu3 alloy", 50 (2011), 127-131.
- R. Cook, London & Scandinavian metallurgical Co. Limited, London, "Grain refinement of aluminium- silicon foundry alloys", (1998), 9-12.
Supported by : 부경대학교