- Volume 35 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Variation of Alloying Element Distribution and Microstructure due to Microsegregation in Ni-base Superalloy GTD 111
니켈기 초내열 합금 GTD 111에서 편석에 의한 합금원소 분포 및 미세조직 변화
Choi, Baig-Gyu;Kim, In-Soo;Do, Jeong-Hyeon;Jung, Joong-Eun;Jo, Chang-Yong
- Received : 2015.10.30
- Accepted : 2015.12.04
- Published : 2015.12.31
Segregation during solidification and homogenization during thermal exposure in GTD 111 were investigated. The microstructures of as-cast, standard heat-treated, and thermally exposed specimens were observed by SEM. A compositional analysis of each specimen was conducted by EDS. The dendrite core was enriched in W and Co, though lower levels of Ti and Ta were observed. An unexpected phase, in this case like the
Ni-base superalloy;Segregation;Thermal exposure;Homogenization
- Sims CT, Stoloff NS, Hagel WC, Superalloys II, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1987).
- Reed RC, The Superalloys, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2006).
- H. E. Collins, Metall. Trans., "The Effect of Thermal Exposure on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Nickel-Base Superalloys", 5 (1974) 189-204.
- Nazmy N and Staubli M, Scripta Metall. Mater., "Embrittlement of several nickel-base alloys after high-temperature exposure", 24 (1990) 135-138. https://doi.org/10.1016/0956-716X(90)90580-A
- Collins HE, Metall. Trans. A, "The effect of thermal exposure on the mechanical properties of the directionally solidified superalloy TRW-NASA VIA", 6A (1975) 515-530.
- Daleo JA and Wilson JR, J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, "GTD111 Alloy Material Study", 120 (1998) 375-382. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2818133
- Sajjadi SA and Natech S, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, "A high temperature deformation mechanism map for the high performance Ni-base superalloy GTD-111" 307 (2001) 158-164. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(00)01822-0
- Sajjadi SA, Natech S and Guthrie RIL, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, "Study of microstructure and mechanical properties of high performance Ni-base superalloy GTD-111", 325 (2002) 484-489. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(01)01709-9
- Natech S and Sajjadi SA, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, "Dislocation network formation during creep in Ni-base superalloy GTD-111" 339 (2003) 103-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(02)00125-9
- Cheruvu NS, Proc. 2000 International Joint Power Generation Conference, "Oxidation and Gamma Particle Coarsening Behavior of IN-738 and GTD-111DS", American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Miami (2000) 551-558.
- Kearsey RM, Beddoes JC, Jones P and Au P, Intermetallics, "Compositional design considerations for microsegregation in single crystal superalloy systems", 12 (2004) 903-910. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2004.02.041
- M. J. Starink and R. C. Thomson, J. Mater. Sci., "The effect of high temperature exposure on dendritic segregation in a conventionally cast Ni based superalloy", 36 (2001) 5603-5608. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1012513615622
- M. Durand-Charre, The Microstructue of Superalloys, Gordon and Breach Science Pub., Amsterdam (1997).
- Chen QZ, Jones CN and Knowles DM, Scripta Mater., "Effect of alloying chemistry on MC carbide morphology in modified RR2072 and RR2086 SX superalloys" 47 (2002) 669-675. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6462(02)00266-X
- Starink MJ, Cama H and Thomson RC, Scripta Mater., "MC Carbides in the Hf Containing Ni Based Superalloy MarM002" 38 (1998) 73-80.
- Chen J, Lee JH, Jo CY, Choe SJ and Lee YT, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, "MC carbide formation in directionally solidified MARM247 LC superalloy", 247 (1998) 113-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(97)00761-2
- Choi BG, Kim IS, Kim DH and Jo CY, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, "Temperature dependence of MC decomposition behavior in Ni-base superalloy GTD 111", 478 (2008) 329-335. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2007.06.010
- Poerter DA and Easterking KE, Phase Transformation in Metals and Alloys, Chapman & Hall, London (1992).