- Volume 35 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Primarily Solidified Structure on the Microstructure and the Mechanical Properties of High Cr White Iron
고크롬 백주철의 미세조직과 기계적 특성에 미치는 초기응고 조직의 영향
Jo, Hyun-Wook;Do, Jeong-Hyeon;Jo, Won-Je;Chung, Hyun-Deuk;Lee, Je-Hyun;Jo, Chang-Yong
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.31
Due to excellent abrasion resistance the high-chrome white irons are widely used in mining and mineral industries. Minor variation of carbon content in 28% chrome white iron resulted in difference in primarily solidified microstructure. Sub-eutectic (hypoeutectic) composition led to formation of primarily solidified dendrites. Formation of primarily solidified dendrites which were supersaturated with carbon and chrome also caused precipitation of fine secondary carbides that are different from relatively large plate type
White iron;Abrasion resistance;Carbide;Sub-eutectic composition
- W. Fairhurst and K. Rohrig, Foundry Trade J., "Abrasionresistant high-chromium white cast irons" 136 (1974) 685-698.
- R.B. Gundlah and J.L Parks, Wear, "Influence of abrasive hardness on the wear resistance of high chromium irons", 46 (1978) 97-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(78)90113-8
- K.H. Zum Gahr and D.V. Doane, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, "Optimizing fracture toughness and abrasion resistance in white cast irons", 11A (1980) 613-643.
- O.N. Dogan, J.A. Hawk and G. Laird II, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, "Solidification structure and abrasion resistance of high chromium white irons", 28A (1997) 1315-1328.
- M. Radulovic, M. Fiset and K. Peev, J. Mater. Sci., "The influence of vanadium on fracture toughness and abrasion resistance in high chromium white cast irons", 29 (1994) 5085-5094. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01151101
- Kim CK, Lee S and Jung JY, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, "Effects of heat treatment on wear resistance and fracture thoughness of duo-cast materials composed of high-chromium white cast iron and low-chromium steel", 37A (2006) 633-643.
- ASM International, "ASM Specialty Handbook- Cast Irons", p.107-122 .
- J. Rickard, BCIRA Journal, "Some experiments concerning the As-cast grain size in 30% chromium cast irons", 8 (1960) 200-216.
- C.P. Tabrett, I.R. Sare and M.R. Ghomashchi, Inter. Mater. Reviews, "Microstructure-Property Relationships in High Chromium White Iron", 41 (1996) 59-82. https://doi.org/10.1179/imr.19188.8.131.52
- ASTM Standard E23-02, "Standard Test Method for Notched Bar Impact Testing of Metallic Materials, ASTM, West Conshohocken, PA (2002).
- W. F. Smith, "Structure and properties of engineering alloys" McGraw-Hill, New York (1993).
Supported by : 재료연구소