- Volume 37 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Remediation of Bunker Fuel Oil C Contaminated Soil with Microwave Radiation and Heating Elements
마이크로파 조사와 발열체를 이용한 벙커C유 오염토양의 복원
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.08.29
- Published : 2015.08.31
Total petroleum hydrocarbon (TPH) removal and temperature variations in bunker fuel oil C contaminated soil were investigated by using microwave radiation in the presence of triiron oxide or activated carbon as a heating element. Temperature increments of
Oil-Contaminated Soil;Total petroleum Hydrocarbon (TPH);Microwave;Bunker Fuel Oil C;Triiron Oxide;Activated Carbon
- Jeong, S. W. and Lee, T. J., "The Characteristics of TPH removals by Microwave Radiation for Diesel Contaminated Soil," J. Korean Soc. Env. Eng., 35(11), 776-780(2013). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2013.35.11.776
- Kostecki, P. T. and Calabrese, E. J., Petroleum Contaminated Soil : Remediation Technique, Environmental Fate, Risk Assessment, Analytical Methodologies, 2nd ed, Lewis Publishers (1989).
- Bricka, R. M., Williford, C. W. and Jones, L. W., Heavy Metal Soil Contaminated at U.S. Army Installations: Proposed Research and Strategy for Technology Development, Technical Report IRRP-94-1, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers(1994).
- Kwak, M. Y., "Prospect and Present Status of soil Environmental Remediation Industry," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 29(3), 271-274(2007).
- Kim, K. W., "Emerging Remediation Technologies for the Contaminated Soil/groundwater in the Metal Mining Area," Econ. Env. Geol., 37(1), 99-106(2004).
- Kim, G. J., Lee, S. H., Park, K., J., Kim, C. K., Lee, C. H., Kim, D. S., Cho, S. H. and Chang, Y. Y., "Development of Low Temperature Thermal Desorption System and Remediation of Soil Contaminated with Petroleum Hydrocarbon," J. Soil Groundwater Environ., 13(4), 62-68(2008).
- Moon, K. W, Kim, W. H., Lee, B. C. and Kim, D. C., "Microwave Remediation of Soils Contaminated by Volatile Organic Chemicals," Korean J. Environ. Hlth Soc., 22(3) 116-122(1996).
- Jones, D. A, Lelyveld, T. P, Mavrofidis, S. D, Kingman, S. W. and Miles, N. J., "Microwave heating applications in environmental engineering-a review," Resour. Conservation and Recycling, 34, 75-90(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-3449(01)00088-X
- Ha, S. A. and You, M. Y., "A Study of Treatment of a Contaminated Soil by Oil using Continuous System of High Temperature Heating Element and Microwave," J. Soil Groundwater Environ., 17(1), 8-12(2012). https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2012.17.1.008
- Ha, S. A. and Yeom, H. K., "The Evaluation of Drying Characteristics and Energy Consumption by Microwave Treatment for Oil Contaminated Soil," J. Korean Soc. Waste Manage., 27(6), 467-475(2010).
- Holzwarth, A., Lou, J., Hatton, T. A. and Laibinis, P. E., "Enhanced microwave heating of nonpolar solvents by dispersed magnetic nanoparticles," Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 37, 2701-2706(1998). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie970819u
- Tai, H. S. and Jou, C. J. G., "Application of granular activated carbon packed bed reactor in microwave radiation field to treat phenol," Chemosphere, 38, 2667-2680(1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(98)00432-9
- Walkiewicz, J. W., Kazonich, G. and McGill, S. L., "Microwave heating characteristics of selected minerals and compounds," Mineral and Metallurg. Proc., 5, 39-42(1988).
- McGill, S. L., Walkiewicz, J. W. and Clark, A. E., "Microwave Heating of Chemicals and Minerals," Bureau of Mines(1955).
- Jeong, S. J. and Choi, H. J., "Removal of Semi-volatile Soil Organic Contaminants with Microwave and Additives," J. Soil Groundwater Environ., 18(1), 67-77(2013). https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2013.18.1.067
- Cravotto, G., Carlo, S. D., Ondruschka, B., Tumiatti, V. and Roggero, C. M., "Decontamination of soil containing POPs by the combined action of solid fenton-like reagents and microwaves," Chemosphere, 69, 1326-1329(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2007.05.078
- Li, D., Zhang, Y., Quan, X. and Zhao, Y., "Microwave thermal remediation of crude oil contaminated soil enhanced by carbon fiber," J. Environ. Sci., 21, 1290-1295(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(08)62417-1
- Kim, Y. K., "Remediation of Oily Contaminated Soil Using the Thermal Characteristic of Microwave," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Adm., 15(3), 155-161(2009).
- Son, J. H., "The Remediation and Natural Attenuation of Oil Contaminated Soils Considering the Site Characterization at Munhyeon-dong, Busan," Doctoral dissertation, Pukyong National University, pp. 120-121(2007).
- Ou, J. S., "An experimental study on the trend of thermal conductivities with respect to the particle shape and size of PIM feedstock," Master's thesis, AjOu University, pp. 39-40(2001).
Supported by : 서울녹색환경지원센터