- Volume 37 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Effect of the Reaction Time Increases of Microbubbles with Catalyst on the Nitrogen Reduction of Livestock Wastewater
가축분뇨의 마이크로버블과 촉매와의 반응 시간 증가에 따라 질소 제거에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.09.18
- Accepted : 2015.10.29
- Published : 2015.10.31
It was investigated whether the removal of nitrogen ions included livestock wastewater were increased by increasing the reaction time of livestock wastewater and microbubbles with catalyst. For this study, the nitrogen reduction system using microbubbles with catalyst was used. The two reactors were consecutively arranged, and the second reactor (Step 2) was located to next the first reactor (Step 1). Each reactor was reacted for 2 hours and air or oxygen as oxidant was fed into the reactor during operation before microbubble device. When oxygen was used, ammonia nitrogen was removed each 18.3% and 52.8% during 2 (only step 1) and 4 (step 1 and step 2) hours reactions. This value was higher than that of when air was fed. When oxygen was used, the longer the reaction time, the ammonia nitrogen removal was higher. The longer the reaction time, the higher the nitrite and nitrate was also removed such as ammonia nitrogen. Also this system was examined whether organic matter removal is effective. The total chemical oxygen demand (TCOD) removal was higher than the soluble chemical oxygen demand (SCOD). Some materials among causing substances COD were difficult to decompose biologically. Therefore, it means that it will be easy to operate the biological processes following step and reduce the concentration of organic contaminants in effluent.
- Jong, J. K., Kim, S. H., Ryou, Y. S., Lee, S. H., Kang, Y. G., Kim, Y. H. and Choi, J. E., "Studies on a feasibility of swine farm wastewater treatment using microbiol fuel cell," Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 38(4), 461-466(2010).
- Schmidt, L. E., Batstone, D. J. and Angelidaki, I., "Improved nitrogen removal in upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactors by incorporation of anammox bacteria in to the granular sludge," Water Sci. Technol., 49, 69-76(2004).
- Yetilmezsoy, K. and Sapci-Zengin, Z., "Recovery of ammonium nitrogen from the effluent of UASB treating poultry nanure wastewater by MAP precipitation as a slow release fertilizer," J. Hazard. Mater., 166(1), 260-269(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.11.025
- Kim, D. S., Jung, N. S. and Park, Y. S., "Characteristics of nitrogen and phosphorus removal in SBR and SBBR with different ammonium loading rates," Korean J. Chem. Eng., 25(4), 793-800(2008). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-008-0130-2
- Barber, W. and Stuckey, D. C., "Nitrogen removal in a modified anaerobic baffled reactor (ABR): 1 Denitrificaiton," Water Res., 34(9), 2413-2422(2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(99)00425-X
- Barber, W. and Stuckey, D. C., "Nitrogen removal in a modified anaerobic baffled reactor (ABR): 2 Nitrificaiton," Water Res., 34(9), 2423-2432(2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(99)00426-1
- Logan, B. E., Hamelers, B., Rozendal, R., Schroder, U., Keller, J., Freguia, S., Aelterman, P. and Rabaey, K., "Microbial fuel cells: methodology and technology," Environ. Sci. Technol., 40(17), 5181-5192(2006). https://doi.org/10.1021/es0605016
- Wagner, R. C., Regan, J. M., Oh, S. E., Zuo, Y. and Logan, B. E., "Hydrogen and methane production from swine wastewater using microbial electrolysis cells," Water Res., 43, 1480-1488(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2008.12.037
- Rabaey, K. and Verstraete, W., "Microbial fuel cells; novel biotechnology for energy generation," Trends Biotechnol., 23 (6), 291-298(2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibtech.2005.04.008
- Gil, G. C., Chang, I. S., Kim, B. H., Kim, M., Jang, J. K., Park, H. S. and Kim, H. J., "Operational parameters affecting the performance of a mediator-less microbial fuel cell," Biosens. Bioelectron., 18, 327-324(2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0956-5663(02)00110-0
- Jang, J. K., Pham, T. H., Chang, I. S., Kang, K. H., Moon, H., Cho, K. S. and Kim, B. H., "Construction and operation of a novel mediator- and membrane-less microbial fuel cell," Process Biochem., 39(8), 1007-1012(2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-9592(03)00203-6
- Min, B., Kim, J. R., Oh, S. E., Regan, J. M. and Logan, B. E., "Electricity generation from swine wastewater using microbial fuel cell," Water Res., 39, 4961-4968(2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2005.09.039
- Jang, J. k., Choi, J. E., Ryou, Y. S., Lee, S. H. and Lee, E. Y., "Effect of ammonium and nitrate on current generation using dual-cathode microbial fuel cells," J. Microbial. Biotechnol., 22(2), 270-273(2012). https://doi.org/10.4014/jmb.1110.10040
- Lee, Y. and Nirmallkhandan, N., "Electricity production in membrane-less microbial fuel cell with livestock organic solid waste," Bioresour. Technol., 102(10), 5831-5835(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2011.02.090
- Jang, J. K., Ryou, Y. S., Park, J. S., Kang, Y. K., Kim, Y. H. and Kim, J. G., "Removal of ammonium and nitrate in swine wastewater to prevent the current drop of microbial fuel cells," In Proceedings of the international symposium on 4th Microbial fuel cell, Caims, Australia, p. 246(2013).
- Handforth, S. L. and Tilley, J. N., "Catalysts for oxidation of ammonia to oxides of nitrogen," Ind. Eng. Chem., 26(12), 1287-1292(1934). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50300a016
- Liao, P. H., Chen, A. and Lo, K. V., "Removal of nitrogen from swine manure wastewater by ammonia stripping," Bioresour. Technol., 54(1), 17-20(1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-8524(95)00105-0
- Lee, D., "Removal of aqueous ammonia to molecular nitrogen by catalytic wet oxidation," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 25(7), 889-897(2003).
- Chu, L. B., Xing, X. H., Yu A. F., Sun X. L. and Jurcik, B., "Enhanced treatment of practical textile wastewater by microbubble ozonation," Proc. Safety and Environ. Protect., 86, 389-396(2008).
- Khuntia, S., Majumder, S. K. and Ghosh, P., "Microbubblesaided water and wastewater purification: a review," Rev. Chem. Eng., 28, 191-221(2012).
- Cha, H., "Present state and future prospect for microbubble technology," Bullet. Food Technol., 22(3), 544-552(2009).
- Lee, W., Lee, C., Yoo, J. Y., Kim, K. and Jang, K., "Sterilization efficacy of washing method using based on microbubbles and electrolyzed water on various vegetables," J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 40(6), 912-917(2011). https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.6.912
- Jung, K. D., Joo, O. S., Oh, J. W., Lee, E. G. and Choi, G. I., "Desulfurization for simultaneous removal of hydrogen sulfide and sulfur dioxide," Patent 10-2005-0116694.
- Lee, J., Jin, B., Cho, S., Jung, K. and Han, S., "Advanced wet oxidation of Fe/MgO : catalytic ozonation of humic acid and phenol," Theories and Appl. Chem. Eng., 8(2), 4537-4576(2002).
- Simultaneous Removal of Organic Pollutants, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus from Livestock Wastewater by Microbubble-Oxygen in a Single Reactor vol.39, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.11.599
Supported by : 국립농업과학원