- Volume 37 Issue 11
Water quality investigation was conducted for small/medium sized reservoirs in A city in June and November 2014 as a preliminary step for further use. Water quality analysis experiments were conducted for 21 reservoirs managed by a local government and water quality data were obtained from Korea Rural Community Corporation for 12 reservoirs. It was found that relatively poor water quality, not satisfied with the regulation level (somewhat poor(IV)) for agricultural use, was observed for some reservoirs and worse water quality (poor(V) and very poor(VI) grade) was observed for more reservoirs during autumn /winter season due to the decrease in water volume. Correspondingly, the trophic state was obtained as "Eutrophic" or "Hypertrophic" using the Korean trophic state index for most reservoirs. It was also revealed that significant contamination in sediments was not observed for selected 8 reservoirs considering water quality in each reservoir. The results in this study could be useful for the use of small/medium sized reservoirs as alternative water resources, tourism resources, inland fishery resources, renewable energy production sites, and anti-flooding reservoirs.
Small/Medium Sized Reservoirs;Water Quality;Sediments;Trophic State Index
- Han, C. B. and Lee, T. S., "Seasonal variation and storage period of rainwater quality in Changwon," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 32(5), 461-468(2010).
- Kim, K., Park, H., Kim, T. and Han, M., "Evaluation of stored rainwater quality and economic efficiency at Yangdo elementary rainwater harvesting system," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 36(5), 333-341(2014). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.5.333
- Cho., I. H., Lee, S. J. and Kim, J. T., "Trends and directions in the development of wastewater reclamation and reuse technology for alternative water resources," J. Korean Soc. Water Environ., 29(1), 127-137(2013).
- Park, H., Kim, T. and Han, M., "Determinant factor analysis for the spread of water reuse," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 36(4), 271-276(2014). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.4.271
- Lee, Y. J. and Seo, J. Y., "The construction of picnic park in Gyeonggi province reservoir," J. Korean Soc. People Plants Environ., 12(2), 53-61(2009).
- Kim, J. S., "A study on the utilization of reservoir for revitalization of rural tourism," J. Korean Rural Tour. Ass., 11 (1), 104-121(2004).
- Korea Rural Community Corporation, "A study on the development of inland fishery resources based on agricultural reservoirs," pp. 29-39(2013).
- Choi, H. C., "An empirical study for operating characteristics analysis of 100(kW) floated photovoltaic system," Hanyang University, pp. 3-54(2014).
- Jang, I. G., Lee, J. Y., Lee, J. B. and Kim, J. S., "Evaluation of flood control capacity of agricultural reservoirs during flood season," J. Korean Soc. Agric. Eng., 56(4), 69-75(2014).
- Ko, A. R. and Lee, H. S., "Estimation of the reservoirs flood attenuation index In upper Geumgang catchment," J. Korean Soc. Hazard. Mitig., 11(5), 273-280(2011). https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2011.11.5.273
- Kim, E., "Stressor identification in an urban stream using continuous automated water quality measurements," Seoul National University, pp. 58-158(2007).
- Graczyk, D. J. and Sonzogni, W. C., "Reduction of dissolved oxygen concentration in Wisconsin streams during summer runoff," J. Environ. Qual., 20, 445-451(1991).
- Kim, E., Sim, K., Kim, S. and Choi, H. I., "Water quality assessment for reservoirs using the Korean trophic state index," J. Korean Soc. Water Environ., 28(1), 78-83(2012).
- Korea Rural Community Corporation, "A Study on the Deriving of Sediments Quality Guideline for Reservoir Dredging and the Use of Dredged soil(final)," pp. 88-101(2005).
Supported by : 환경부