- Volume 48 Issue 6
This study examined the spatiotemporal distribution of demersal fish aggregations in the Northern East China Sea by conducting a trawl survey with hydroacoustic devices. A bottom trawl was used for this survey and fish density was determined from the catch data. Acoustic data were collected at frequencies of 38 and 200 kHz from November to December 2014 and converted into the nautical area scattering coefficient (NASC,
Hydroacoustic survey;Demersal fish aggregation;Acoustic estimated;Bottom trawl
- Choi KH, Han MH, Kang CK,Park JM, Choi JH, Park JH, Sohn MH, Baeck GW, Choi EJ and Lee CI. 2012. Seasonal variations in species composition of fish assemblage collected by trammel net in coastal waters of the East Sea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48, 415-427. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.415. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.415
- Fisheries Research Agency. 2013. The Current Status of Intermational Fishery Stocks. Retrieved from http://kokushi.job.affrc.go.jp on june 17.
- Gauthier S and Horne JK. 2004. Acoustic characteristics of forage fish species in theGulf of Alaska and Bering Sea based on Kirchhoff-approximation models. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 61, 1839-1850. https://doi.org/10.1139/f04-117
- Honkalehto T, Ressler PH, Towler RH and Wilson CD. 2011. Using acoustic data from fishing vessels to estimate walleye pollock (Theragra chalcogramma) abundance in the eastern Bering Sea. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 68, 1231-1242. https://doi.org/10.1139/f2011-050
- Kang DH, Im YJ, Lee CW, Yoo JT and Myoung JG. 2008. Hydroacoustic survey of spatio-temporal distribution of demersal fish aggregations near the west coast of Jeju Island, Korea. Ocean and Polar Res 30, 181-191. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2008.30.2.181
- Kang DH, Lee CW, Cho SH and Myung JG. 2008. Hydroacoustic survey of spatiotemporal stability and distribution of demersal fish aggregations in the coastal region. Ocean and Polar Res 30, 79-87. https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2008.30.1.079
- Kang MH, Furusawa M and Miyashita K. 2002. Effective and accurate use of difference in mean volume backscattering strength to identify fish and plankton. ICES J Mar Sci 59, 794-804. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmsc.2002.1229
- Kang MH. 2011. Semiautomated analysis of data from an imaging sonar for fish counting, sizing, and tracking in a postprocessing application, Fish Aquat Sci 14, 218-225. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2011.0218.
- Kang MH, Choi SG and Hwang BK. 2014. Acoustic characteristics of anchovy schools, and visualization of their connection with water temperature and salinity in the Southwestern Sea and the Westsouthern Sea of South Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 50, 39-49. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.1.039. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.1.039
- Kang MH, Seo YI, Oh TY, Lee KH and Jang CS. 2015. Estimating the biomass of anchovy species off the coast of Tongyeong and Yeosu in South Korea in the spring and winter of 2013 and 2014. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 51, 86-93. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.086. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.086
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CL, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated book of Korean fishes. Kyo-hak Pub. Ltd., Seoul, Korea, 1-615.
- Kim JJ, Kim CH, Lee JS and Kim S. 2014. Seasonal characteristics of Todarodes pacificus paralarval distribution in the northern east China Sea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 47, 59-71. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2014.059. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0059
- Kim YS, Choi JH, Kim JN, Oh TY, Choi KH, Lee DW and Cha HK. 2010. Seasonal variation of fish assemblage in Sacheon marine ranching, the southern coast of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46, 335-345. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.335. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.335
- Lee JB, Oh TY, Yeon IJ, Kim BY, Shin HY, Hwang BK, Lee KH and Lee YW. 2012. Estimation of demersal fish biomass using hydroacoustic and catch data in the marine ranching area (MRA) of Jeju. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48, 128-136. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.2.128. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.2.128
- Lee KH, Choi JH, Shin JK, Chang DS and Park SW. 2009. Acoustic backscattering strenth chracteristic and density estimates of Japanese common squid distributed in Yellow Sea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 45, 157-164. http://10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.157. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.3.157
- Lee KH, Yang YS, Kim JK, An HC and Shin JK. 2007. Characterization of sounds produced by 3 sciaenid species. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 206-211. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.3.206
- Lee TW. 1999. Seasonal variation in species composition of demersal fish in Yongil Bay, East Coast of Korea. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 32, 512-519.
- Lee HB, Kang DH, Im YJ and Lee KH. 2014. Distribution and Abundance of Japanese Anchovy Engraulis japonicus and Other Fishes in Asan Bay, Korea, estimated Hydroacoustic Survey, Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 47, 1055-1062. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0103. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.1055
- Lee HB, Ses YI, Oh TY, Choi JH, Jo HS and Choi KH. 2015. Distribution of Demersal Fish Based on a Combined Acoustic and Trawl Survey during Day and Night in Costal of the South Sea, Korea2015. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 48, 798-804. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0798. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0798
- Liu JY. 2013. Status of marine biodiversity of the China Sea. Plos One 8, 1-24.
- McConnaughey RA and Smith KR. 2000. Associations between flatfish abundance and surficial sediments in the eastern Bering Sea. Can J Fish Aquat Sci 57, 2410-2419. https://doi.org/10.1139/f00-219
- McQuinn IH, Simard Y, Stroud TW, Beaulieu JL and Walsh SJ. 2005. An adaptive, integrated "acoustic-trawl" survey design for Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) with estimation of the acoustic and trawl dead zones. ICES J Mar Sci 62, 93-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icesjms.2004.06.023
- Prodo, J. 1990. Fisherman's Workbook. Blackwell Publ. Co., Oxford, U.K., 1-192.
- Simmonds J and MacLennan D. 2005. Fisheries acoustics: Theory and practice, second edition. Blackwell, Oxford, U.K., 217-261.
- Sato M, Horne JK, Parker-Stetter SL and Keister JE. 2015. Acoustic classification of coexisting taxa in a coastal ecosystem. Fish Res 172, 130-136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2015.06.019
- Seo YI, Lee JH, Oh TY, Lee JB, Choi YM and Lee DW. 2013. Distribution and seasonal variations of fisheries resources captured by the beam trawl in Namhae island, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 49, 419-431. http://dx.doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.419. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.419
- Von Szalay PG, Somerton DA and Kotwicki S. 2007. Correlating trawl and acoustic data in the eastern Bering Sea: A first step toward improving biomass estimates of walleye pollock (Theragra chalcogramma) and Pacific cod (Gadus macrocephalus). Fish Res 86, 77-83. http://10.1016/j.fishres.2007.05.005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.05.005
- Zwolinski JP, Demer DA, Byers KA, Cutter GR, Renfree JS, Sessions TS and Macewicz BJ. 2012. Distributions and abundances of Pacific sardine (Sardinops sagax) and other pelagic fishes in the California Current Ecosystem during spring 2006, 2008, and 2010, estimated from acoustic-trawl surveys. Fish Bull 110, 110-122.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국립수산과학원