- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Formation Control of Mobile Robots using Adaptive PID Controller
적응 PID 제어기를 이용한 이동로봇의 군집제어
- Park, Jin-Hyun (Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Kyeognam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Choi, Young-Kiu (Department of Electrical Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2015.07.29
- Accepted : 2015.08.20
- Published : 2015.11.30
In this paper, we strengthen the advantages of a simple PID controller as a study on the formation control of mobile robots and propose an adaptive PID controller with robust performance at the dynamics characteristics of following robot. Simulation studies show that the adaptive PID controller has better keeping constant distance and angle such as tracking performance of following robot for the formation control than a conventional PID controller. This is the proposed adaptive PID controller to change the gains is found to represent the best performance. This is able to verify that the performance of the proposed adaptive PID controller is excellent.
Supported by : Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology
- Y. Q. Chen and Z. Wang, "Formation control: a review and a new consideration," Proc. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and systems, pp. 3181-3186, Aug 2005.
- R. Fierro and F. L. Lewis, "Control of a nonholonomic mobile robot: Backstepping kinematics into dynamics," Proc. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 3805-3810, 1995.
- A. M. Bloch, M. Reyhanoglu and N. H. McClamroch, "Control and stabilization of nonholonomic dynamic systems," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 37, pp. 1746-1757, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.173144
- N. Sarkar, X. Yun and V. Kumar, "Control of mechanical system with rolling constraints: Application to dynamical control of mobile robots," Int. J. Robot. Res., vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 55-69, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/027836499401300104
- E. R. Fierro and F. L. Lewis, "Control of a nonholonomic mobile robot using neural networks," IEEE Trans on Neural Networks, vol. 9, no. 4, July 1998.
- Aveek K. Das et. al., "A vision-based formation control framework," IEEE Trans on Robotics and Automaton, vol. 18, no. 5, Oct 2002.
- Y. B. Kim, J. H. Park and Y. K. Choi, "Design of PID controller with adaptive neural network compensator for formation control of mobile robots," Journal of the Korea Insttute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 18, no. 3, Mar 2014.
- J. H. Park, H. D. Kim and Y. K. Choi, "An Adaptive PID Controller Design based on a Gradient Descent Learning," Journal of the Korean Institute of Maritime Information and Commucation Sciences, vol. 10, no. 2, Feb 2006.