- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effect of Tropospheric Delay Irregularity in Network RTK Environment
기준국 간 대류권 지연 변칙이 네트워크 RTK에 미치는 영향
Han, Younghoon;Ko, Jaeyoung;Shin, Mi-Young;Cho, Deuk-Jae
- Received : 2015.09.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.28
- Published : 2015.11.30
Network RTK generally uses a linear interpolation method by using the corrections from reference stations. This minimizes the spatial decorrelation error caused by the increase of distance between the reference station's baseline and user's baseline. However, tropospheric delay, a function of the meteorological data can cause a spatial decorrelation characteristic among reference stations within a network by local meteorological difference. A non-linear characteristic of tropospheric delay can deteriorate Network RTK performance. In this paper, the modeling of tropospheric delay irregularity is made from the data when the typhoon is occurred. By using this modeling, analyzing the effect of meteorological difference between reference stations on correction is performed. Finally, we analyze an effect of non-linear characteristics of tropospheric delay among reference stations to Network RTK user.
Tropospheric Delay Irregularity;Network RTK;Anomaly Monitoring;Meteorological Data
- N. Zinas, "Development and assessment of a new rover-enhanced network based data processing strategy for Global Navigation Satellite Systems", PhD Thesis, UCL (University College London), 2010.
- Y. Han et al, "An analysis for irregularity of tropospheric delay due to local weather change effects on Network RTK", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Vol. 62, No. 2, pp.1690-1696, 2014
- S. Skone, "Propagation Environmental Effects on GPS", ION GNSS, Navtech Tutorial Notes, 2005.
- D. Lawrence et al, "Decorrelation of Troposphere Across Short Baselines", IEEE/ION PLANS, pp. 94-102, 2006.
- Y.W. Ahn, D. Kim and P. Dare, "Local tropospheric anomaly effects on GPS RTK performance", ION GNSS, Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A, pp. 1925-1935, 2006.
- L. Dai, S. Han, J. Wang and C. Rizos, "A Study on GPS/GLONASS Multiple Reference Station Techniques for Precise Real-Time Carrier Phase Based Positioning", ION GPS, September 11-14, 2001.
- Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services, "RTCM Standard 10403.1 for Differential GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) Services - Version 3", RTCM Paper 150-2007-SC104-STD, 2007.
- J. Saastamoinen, "Atmospheric correction for the troposphere and stratosphere in radio ranging of satellites", in The Use of Artificial Satellites for Geodesy, Geophys. Monogr. Ser., volume 15, pp. 247-251, AGU, Washington, D.C. 1972.
- A.E. Niell, "Global mapping functions for the atmosphere delay at radio wavelengths", Journal of Geophysical Research, Volume 10, No. B2, pp.3227-3246.
- Y. Han et al, "A Method to Monitor the Irregularity in Tropospheric Delay between Reference Stations of a Network RTK", European Navigation Conference 2014.
Supported by : Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport