- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
User Scheduling Algorithm Based on Signal Quality and Inter-User Interference for Outage Minimization in Full-Duplex Cellular Networks
전이중 셀룰라 네트워크에서 아웃티지 최소화를 위한 신호 품질과 사용자간 간섭량 기반의 사용자 스케쥴링 알고리즘
- Choi, Hyun-Ho (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering, Institute for Information Technology Convergence, Hankyong National University)
- Received : 2015.09.16
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.11.30
In a full-duplex (FD) wireless cellular network, uplink (UL) users induce the severe inter-user interference to downlink (DL) users. Therefore, a user scheduling that makes a pair of DL user and UL user to use the same radio resource simultaneously influences the system performances significantly. In this paper, we first formulate an optimization problem for user scheduling to minimize the occurrence of outage, aiming to guarantee the quality of service of users, and then we propose a suboptimal user scheduling algorithm with low complexity. The proposed scheduling algorithm is designed in a way where the DL user with a worse signal quality has a higher priority to choose its UL user that causes less interference. Simulation results show that the FD system using the proposed user scheduling algorithm achieves the optimal performance and significantly decreases the outage probability compared with the conventional half-duplex cellular system.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- J. Choi, M. Jain, K. Srinivasan, P. Levis, and S. Katti, "Achieving single channel, full duplex wireless communication," in Proc. the 16th annual int. conf. Mob. comp. and Networking, Chicago, Illinois, USA, Sept. 2010.
- D. Bharadia, E. McMilin, and S. Katti, "Full duplex radios," in ACM SIGCOMM'13, Hong Kong, China, pp. 375-386, Aug. 2013.
- S. Hong, J. Brand, J. Choi, M. Jain, J. Mehlman, S. Katti, and P. Levis, "Applications of self-interference cancellation in 5G and beyond," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 114-121, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2014.6736751
- S. Goyal, Pei Liu, S.S. Panwar, et al., "Full duplex cellular systems: will doubling interference prevent doubling capacity?," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 121-127, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2015.7105650
- Z. Zhang, X. Chai, K. Long, et al., "Full duplex techniques for 5G networks: self-interference cancellation, protocol design, and relay selection," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 128-137, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2015.7105651
- D. Kim, H. Lee, and D. Hong, "A Survey of In-band Full-duplex Transmission: From the Perspective of PHY and MAC Layers," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Feb. 2015.
- D. W. K. Ng and R. Schober, "Dynamic resource allocation in OFDMA systems with full-duplex and hybrid relaying," in Proc. IEEE ICC'11, Kyoto, pp. 1-6, June 2011.
- D. W. K. Ng, E. S. Lo, and R. Schober, "Dynamic resource allocation in MIMO-OFDMA systems with full-duplex and hybrid relaying," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1291-1304, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2012.031712.110233
- W. Cheng, X. Zhang, and H. Zhang, "Full/half duplex based resource allocations for statistical quality of service provisioning in wireless relay networks," in Proc. INFOCOM 2012, Orlando, FL, pp. 864-872, Mar. 2012.
- X. Shen, X. Cheng, L. Yang, M. Ma, and B. Jiao, "On the design of the scheduling algorithm for the full duplexing wireless cellular network," in IEEE Globecom'13, Atlanta, GA, pp. 4970-4975, Dec. 2013.
- C. Karakus and S. Diggavi, "Opportunistic Scheduling for Full-Duplex Uplink-Downlink Networks," in Proc. ISIT'15, Hong Kong, June 2015.
- H.-H. Choi, "On the Design of User Pairing Algorithms in Full Duplexing Wireless Cellular Networks," in Proc. International Conference on ICT Convergence (ICTC) 2014, Busan, Korea, pp. 490-495, Oct. 2014.
- H.-H. Choi, "User Scheduling Algorithm for Cell Capacity Maximization in Full Duplexing Wireless Cellular Networks," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 2613-2620, Nov. 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.11.2613
- A. Sarkar, P. P. Chakrabarti, and R. Kumar, "Frame-based proportional round-robin," IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 1121-1129, Sept. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2006.148
- M. Jain, J. Choi, T. Kim, et al., "Practical, real-time, full duplex wireless," in Proc. ACM MobiCom'11, Las Vegas, USA, pp. 301-312, Sept. 2011.
- H.-H. Choi and J.-R. Lee, "Distributed Transmit Power Control for Maximizing End-to-End Throughput in Wireless Multi-hop Networks," Springer Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 1033-1044, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-013-1342-2