- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Meta-analysis of Influencing Mediator Athletics on the Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors Utilized Big Data Analysis
빅 데이터 분석을 활용한 대사증후군 위험요인에 관한 메타분석
- Yu, Ok-kyeong (Obesity Research Center(Agrobio Food R & D Institute), Chonbuk National University) ;
- Cha, Youn-soo (Obesity Research Center(Agrobio Food R & D Institute), Chonbuk National University) ;
- Jin, Chan-yong (Div. of Information EC(Institute of Convergence and Creativity), Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Do-goan (Div. of Information EC(Institute of Convergence and Creativity), Wonkwang University) ;
- Nam, Soo-tai (Div. of Information EC(Institute of Convergence and Creativity), Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2015.10.02
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.11.30
A meta-analysis is a statistical integration method that delivers an opportunity to overview the entire result of integrating and analyzing many quantitative research results. This study will find meaningful mediator variables for criterion variables that affects between pre and post in the metabolic syndrome studies, on the basis of the results of a meta analysis. We reviewed a total of 36 studies related the metabolic syndrome published in Korean journals between 2000 and 2015, where a cause and effect relationship is established between variables that are specified in the conceptual model of this study. In this meta-analysis, the path between pre and post in the waist circumference showed the biggest effect size (r = .420). The second biggest effect size (r = -.402) was found the path between pre and post in the high density lipoprotein cholesterol. By the way, one the smallest effect size (r = .234) was obtained the path between pre and post in the diastolic blood pressure. Thus, we present the theoretical and practical implications of these results.
- S. H. Kim, O. K. Yu, M. S. Byun, Y. S. Cha and T. S. Park, "Effects of Weight Management Program for Middle Aged Women with Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors," The Korean Journal of Obesity, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 106-115, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2014.23.2.106
- International Diabetes Federation, The IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome, 2006.
- K. G. Alberti and P. Z. Zimmet "Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation," Diabetic Medicine, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 539-553, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9136(199807)15:7<539::AID-DIA668>3.0.CO;2-S
- E. Kim and S. W. Oh, "Gender differences in the association of occupation with metabolic syndrome in Korean adults," The Korean Journal of Obesity, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 108-114, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2012.21.2.108
- A. S. Gami, B. J. Witt, D. E. Howard, P. J. Erwin, L. A. Gami and V. K. Somers, "Metabolic syndrome and risk of incident cardiovascular events and death: A systematic review and meta-analysis of longitudinal studies," Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 403-414, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2006.09.032
- O. K. Yu, S. H. Park and Y. S. Cha, "Eating Habits, Eating Behaviors and Nutrition Knowledge of Higher Grade Elementary School Students in Jeonju Area," Korean Journal Food Culture, vol. 22, no. 6 pp. 665-672, 2007.
- K. B. Kim, K. I. Lim, W. Y. So, S. K. Park and W. Song, "A Meta-analysis of the Effects of Exercise Therapy," Applied in Obesity Studies, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 177-185, 2007.
- World Health Organization, The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment, Geneva, Ref Type: Report, 2000.
- H. Y. Lee, "Effectiveness of Obesity Management Programs: Systematic Rewiew and Meta-analysis," Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 131-146, 2007.
- W. S. Jho and S. M. Jho, "An Analysis of Research on the Impact of School-Based Physical Education for Preventing Students' Obesity: Systematic Review and Meta Analysis," The Korean Journal of Obesity, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 167-176, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2013.22.3.167
- L. V. Hedges and W. Stock, "The Effects of Class Size: An Exzmination of Rival Hypotheses," American Education Res. Journal, vol. 20. no. 1, pp. 63-85, 1983. https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312020001063
- J. Cohen, Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences(Revised Edition), New York: Academic Press, 1977.
- S. S. Oh, Meta-analysis : Theory and Practice, Konkuk University Publication, 2009.
- R. G. Orwin, "A fail-safe N for Effect Size," Journal of Educational Statistics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 157-159, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/1164923
- R. Rosenthal, "Combining Probabilities and the File Drawer Problem," valuation in Education, vol. 4, pp. 18-21, 1980.
- S. T. Nam, C. Y. Jin and J. S. Sim, "A Meta-analysis of the Relationship between Mediator Factors and Purchasing Intention in E-commerce Studies," Journal Information Communication Convergence Engineering, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 257-262, 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jicce.2014.12.4.257
- A Meta-Analysis of Influencing Soybean Food Interventions on the Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors Utilizing Big Data vol.20, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.6.1074