- Volume 19 Issue 11
This paper analyzes the phenomenon of drain induced barrier lowering(DIBL) for doping profiles in channel of asymmetric double gate(DG) MOSFET. The DIBL, the important short channel effect, is described as lowering of source barrier height by drain voltage. The analytical potential distribution is derived from Poisson's equation to analyze the DIBL, and the DIBL is observed according to the change of doping profile to influence on potential distribution. As a results, the DIBL is significantly influenced by projected range and standard projected deviation, the variables of channel doping profiles. The change of DIBL shows greatly in the range of high doping concentration such as
asymmetric double gate;drain induced barrier lowering;Poisson equation;channel doping profile
- A.Esam, N.Keivan and S.Fazel, " A Novel Design Approach for Multi-input XOR Gate Using Multi-input Majority Function," Arabian J. for Science & Engineering, vol.39, no.11, pp.7923-7932, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-014-1387-x
- S.C.Kim, H.K.Lee and J.H.Cho,"Analysis of low-dose radiation shield effectiveness of nulti-gate polymetric sheets," Radiation Effects and Defects in Solids, vol.169, no.9, pp.584-591, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/10420150.2014.920019
- J.Conde, I.Mejia, F.S.Aguirre-Tostado, C.Young and M.Quevedo-Lopez, "Design considerations for II-VI multi-gate transistors: the case of cadmium sulfide," Semiconductors Science & Technology, vol.29, no.4, pp.045006-045011, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1088/0268-1242/29/4/045006
- S.Khandelwal, J.P.Duarte, Y.S.Chauhan and C.Hu, "Modeling 20-nm Germanium FinFET With the Industry Standard FinFET Model," IEEE Electron Device letters, vol.35, no.7, pp.711-713, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2014.2323956
- Z.Ding, G.Hu, J.Gu, R.Liu, L.Wang and T.Tang,"An analytical model for channel potential and subthreshold swing of the symmetric and asymmetric double-gate MOSFETs," Microelectronics J., vol.42, pp.515-519, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2010.11.002
- Hakkee Jung, :Analysis for Potential Distribution of Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET Using Series Function, J. of KIICE, vol.17, no.11, pp.2621-2626. 2013.
- Q.Chen, B.Agrawal and J.D.Meindl,"A Comprehensive Analytical Subthreshold Swing(S) Model for Double-Gate MOSFETs," IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, vol.49, no.6, pp.1086-1090, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2002.1003757
- H.K.Jung and O.S.Kwon,"Analysis of Channel Dimension Dependent Threshold Voltage for Asymmetric DGMOSFET," 2014 International Conference on Future Information & Communication Engineering, vol.6, no.1, pp.299-302, 2014.