- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Scheduling Algorithm for Servicing (m,k)-firm-based Request Data from RSU Using in VANETs
VANET내 RSU에서 (m,k)-firm 기반 요청 데이터 처리를 위한 스케쥴링 알고리즘
- Received : 2015.10.02
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.11.30
VANET is ad-hoc network in which vehicles are treated as node and these nodes are communicating with each other as well as RSUs on the road. In VANET, scheduling is a very important issue as the request data are to be delivered to the recipient vehicle properly and accurately. It is also critical that any request data which is sent to the vehicle is received by it in the time period for which the vehicle will be in range of RSU. RSU picks the one with the highest priority to serve based on the scheduling scheme. In this paper, we propose a scheduling algorithm to select the one with the highest priority in RSU, in which an RSU can transfer the overload requests to other RSUs. We use the modified DBP scheme to calculate the priority of request data. Simulation results show that our scheme outperforms other scheduling schemes under various conditions.
- Y.Zhang, J. Zhao, and G. Cao, "On Scheduling Vehicle- Roadside Data Access," in Proceedings of the fourth ACM international workshop on Vehicular ad hoc networks, New York, pp. 9-18, 2007.
- C. Lochert, B. Scheuemann, M. Caliskan, and M. Mauve, "The feasibility of information dissemination in vehicular ad-hoc networks," in Proc. of Wireless on Demand Network Systems and Services (WONS'07), pp. 92-99, 2007.
- M. Hamdaoui and P. Ramanathan, "A dynamic priority assignment technique for streams with (m,k)-firm deadlines," IEEE T. on Computers, pp.1443-1451, 1995.
- S.Sahebgharani and M.Shahverdy, "A Scheduling Algorithm for Downloading Data from RSU Using Multicast Technique," International Journal of Advanced Computer Science, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 115-120, 2014.
- G.G.M.N. Ali, and E.Chan "Co-operative data access in multiple Road Side Units (RSUs)-based Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs)," Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC), pp. 1-6, 2011.
- Luan, T.H., Ling, X., and Shen, X., "MAC in motion: Impact of mobility on the mac of drive-thru internet", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 11(2), pp. 305-319, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2011.36
- K. Liu and V. C. S. Lee, "Analysis of data scheduling for multi-item requests in multi-channel on-demand broadcast environments," Technical Report, Computer Science Department, City University of Hong Kong, 2008.
- F. Bai, N. Sadagopan and A. Helmy, "IMPORTANT: a framework to systematically analyze the impact of mobility on performance of routing protocols for adhoc networks", in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, vol.2, pp. 825-835, 2003.