- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Development of a beam profile monitoring system for improving the beam output characteristics
빔 출력 특성 개선을 위한 빔 프로파일 모니터링 시스템 개발
An, Young-jun;Hur, Min-goo;Yang, Seung-dae;Shin, Dae-seob;Lee, Dong-hoon
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.09.18
- Published : 2015.11.30
Radioactive isotopes which are manufactured using a cyclotron in a radioisotope used for radiation diagnosis is affected by the production yield according to size and shape of the beam and beam uniform degree from irradiated location when the proton beam investigated the target by cyclotron. Therefore, in this paper developed the BPM(Beam Profile Monitor) device capable of measuring the beam cross-section at the cyclotron beam line. It was configured so as to be able to remote control the BPM device in LabView and used the BPM program it was to be able to easily monitor and display to analyze the graph of two-dimensional graph and a three-dimensional beam distribution numerical information of the beam obtained while scanning the tungsten wire to the X and Y axis. The time it takes to measure the beam can be confirmed 37seconds when step motor driving speed was 2000pps. Through a beam readjusted based on the measured beam distribution information by optimizing the beam distribution it can be made to maximize the RI production yield and contribute supply stabilization.
Cyclotron;BPM(Beam Profile Monitor);LabView;Beam Current
- P. Forck and A. Bank. Proc. Euro. Part. Acc. Conf. EPAC 2002, Paris, 1885 (2002)
- A. Bank and P. Forck, Proc. Diagn. Instrum Part Acc. Conf. DIPAC03, Mainz 137 (2003)
- S. H. Kim, Y. J. Park, W. H. Hwang, J. Y. Huang, Y. Honda, and Y. Inoue, J. Korean Vac. Soc. 15, 331 (2006).
- W. K. H. Panofsky and M. Breidenbach. Accelerators and detectors. Rev. Mod. Phys., 71(2):S121-S132, Mar 1999. https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.71.S121
- Rui Dilao and Rui Alves-Pires. Nonlinear Dynamics in Particle Accelerator. World Scientific, 1996. p. 11.
- D. J. Clark. Departed cyclotron pioneers. In Cyclotrons and Their Applications 2001, pages 471-473, 2002.
- Keith R. Symon. Mura days. In Proceedings of the 2003 Particle Accelerator Conference, 2003.
- Eric Baron. World trends in cyclotron developments for nuclear physics and applications. In Nuckeonika, volume 48(Supplement 2), pages S3-S11, 2003.
- T. Stammbach. Introduction to cyclotrons. In S. Turner, editor, Proceedings of the CERN Accelerator School(CAS): Cyclotrons, linacs and their applications, number 96-02, pages 113-138, 1994.
- Technology trends information network, PET technology development trends, 2003, p. 1.
- IAEA. Directory of cyclotrons used for radionuclide production in member States. IAEA, 2006.
- W. H. Ha, S.Y. Park, J. R. Yu, S.W. Yoon, S. S. Lee, J. H. Kim, J. K. Kim, "Measurement of neutron spectra in MC50 cyclotron using Bonner sphere spectrometer with LiI scintillation detector", Journal of Radiation Protection, Vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 143-148, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2013.38.3.143
- S. G. Lee, W. T. Kwon, "Manufacturing of Threedimensional Micro Structure Using Proton Beam", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 301-307, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2015.39.4.301
- TongMyong University, "The measurement of Beam Distribution in Cyclotron Beam line by using a BPM".
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)