- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of a smart shoes module based on Arduino
아두이노 기반 스마트 신발 모듈의 설계 및 구현
- Seo, Sang-hyun (Department of Computer Science, DONG-EUI University) ;
- Jang, Si-woong (Department of IT Convergence, DONG-EUI University)
- Received : 2015.10.02
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.11.30
In the existing studies providing a method which do exercise according to music speed, the method was used which a user changes playing musics. However, if the method which a user changes directly playing musics is used, flow of exercise can be discontinued during searching musics when anyone want to play a fast music. In this paper, we designed the module which measures the number of steps from a user of wearable smart shoes based on the Arduino, and implemented the module so that the number of steps can be measured correctly by sending data to smart phone based on Android. And it is possible to measure moving distance and pace speed by utilizing a GPS in order to get the more accurate momentum. Also, we can measure more accurate calorie consumption than existing products by measuring the mean value of the calorie consumption for moving distance and the calorie consumption for the number of steps, give motivation of exercise by applying an algorithm of changing music genre according to pace speed, and increase the exercise effect at the same time.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Han Kim, "A Study on the Development Strategy for Wearable device, Future Growth Engines," Proceedings of Symposium of the Korean Institute of communications and Information Sciences, vol. 2015, no. 6, pp. 626-627, Jun. 2015.
- Terry, Peter C. and Karageorghis, "Psychophysical effects of music in sport and exercise: an update on theory, research and application," Psychology Bridging the Tasman: Science, Culture and Practice, pp. 26-30, Sep 2006.
- Ji-Hyuk Kim, Jee-Eun Son, Dae-Taek Lee, "Tempo of Music Played in Inner City Park Walking Trail and Age and Sex Variations of Walking Patterns in Unrestricted Free Walkers," Journal of The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 233-241, Jun. 2008.
- Peng Zhou, Fangfang Sui, Anqiong Zhang, Fang Wang, Guohui Li, "Music therapy on heart rate variability," Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI), 2010 3rd International Conference on, Vol. 3, pp 965-968, Oct. 2010.
- Hyeok-jung Gwon, "Study on the Patent Trend of the Near Field Communication," Chungnam national university The The Graduate School : Electronic information communication department of engineering, A Master's thesis, Dec. 2012.
- Byeong-joon Kim, Myeung-sung Lee, Seung-jin Moon, "Location based service based platform of analysis and new service models research," Korean society for internet information, vol. 19, pp. 105-108, 2009.
- Design and Implementation of Smart LED Bicycle Helmet using Arduino vol.20, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.6.1148