- Volume 19 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Hardware configuration of High-Density HVPS and High Speed independent Control method Using FPGA for Phased Array Transmitters
위상 배열 고출력증폭기용 고밀도 고전압 전원공급기 하드웨어 구성 및 FPGA를 이용한 고속 독립 제어방식
- Kang, Chun-Ho (Gumi R&D Center) ;
- Lee, Sung-Wook (Victek R&D Center) ;
- Lee, Hong-Hak (Victek R&D Center) ;
- Lee, Chang-Hoon (The 2nd(C2/IW) R&D Institute-2) ;
- Byun, Gi-Sig (Department of Control & Instrumentation Eng., Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2015.10.06
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.11.30
In the field of electronic warfare applications, high voltage power supply(HVPS) for high power phased array transmitters must necessarily have an independent operating characteristics for driving mini TWTs. TWT independent operational characteristics, in order to run without interrupting the electronic warfare mission by maintaining the partial transmission function even when one of the TWT has occurred a failure, is known to be very important. In this paper, we describe the research on high-speed independent control system using a high-density HVPS, including FE modulators, hardware configuration and the FPGA in order to independently operate mini TWTs. Also, we have simulated some possible faults in phased array transmitters, and presents the test results to control a faulted TWT independently.
- Park, Y.J. Lyu, S.C. You, T.S. "Development of High Density High Voltage Power Supply for Phased Array Transmitters" Pulsed Power Conference, 2005 IEEE
- S. C. Kim, S. H. Nam, and D. H. Kim, "Development of High-Power Density, 4-kV Pulse Transformers for TWTA," IEEE Trans. Plasma Science, vol. 32, pp. 1873-1878, Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2004.835953
- L. Sivan, Microwave Tube Transmitters, London : Chapman & Hall, 1994.
- A. I. Pressman, Switching Power Supply Design, New York : McGraw-Hill, 1999.