- Volume 19 Issue 12
For the purpose of estimation of time variant frequency selective transmission channels, reference symbols are usually employed. The bit error performance of LTE OFDM systems is analyzed in the case of LTE standard reference symbol arrangement. Results show that LTE OFDM system with this LTE reference symbol arrangement is robust against Doppler time variant fading. However, the performance of that system is degraded due to channel estimation error in frequency domain. An equidistant arrangement with a diamond shape structure of reference symbols, however having 4 subcarriers distance in frequency domain, is suggested for the optimal channel estimation.
LTE;OFDM;reference symbol;bit error rate
- S. Srikanth and A. Murugesa Pandian, "Orthogonal frequency division multiple access in WiMAX and LTE: a comparison," IEEE Commin. Mag. vol.50, no.9, pp.153-161, Sept. 2012.
- S. Sesia, I. Toufik and M. Baker, "LTE-The UMTS Long Term Evolution: From Theory to Practice," Wiley, 2nd ed., 2011.
- R. Negi and J. Cioffi, "Pilot tone selection for channel estimation in a mobile OFDM systems in mobile wireless channels", IEEE Trans. Consumer Electro., vol. 44, pp.1121-1128, Aug. 1998.
- I. Barhumi, G. Leus and M. Moonen, "Optimal training design for MIMO OFDM systems in mobile wireless channels", IEEE Trans. Signal Proce., vol. 51, pp.1615-1624, June 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2003.811243
- O. Edfors, M. Sandell, J.J. van de Beek, S. K. Wilson and P. O. Boerjesson, "OFDM channel estimation by singular value decomposition", IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 46, no. 7, pp.931-938, Jul. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.701321
- 3GPP Technical Report 25.913, "Requirements for Evolved UTRA(E-UTRA) and Evolved UTRAN(E-UTRAN)(Release 9, 2014)", www.3gpp.org.
- 3GPP Technical Specification 36.101, "User Equipment(UE) Radio Transmission and Reception(2014)", www.3gpp.org.
- M. Paetzold, "Mobile Fading Channels", Wiley, 2002.
Supported by : Incheon National University