- Volume 19 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
On the Practical Physical-Layer Network Coding with Partially Overlapped Packets
부분 패킷 중첩 환경에서 물리계층 네트워크 코딩에 관한 연구
Lim, Hyeonwoo;Jung, Bang Chul;Ban, Tae-Won;Sung, Kil-Young
- Received : 2015.09.14
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this paper, we investigate the physical layer network coding (PNC) technique in a two-way relay channel (TWRC) where two source nodes send and receive data with each other via a relay node. In particular, we consider the communication scenario where packet length from the two sources is different from each other. We analyze the bit error rate (BER) of the received packet at the relay node according to degree of overlapping between two packets. The BER of the short packet remains unchanged regardless of the degree of overlapping since the entire packet is overlapped with the longer packet, while the BER of the longer packet becomes improved as the degree of overlapping decreases. Thus, we need a novel transmission scheme to enhance BER performance of the PNC technique in TWRC environments since the overall BER performance of the PNC technique at the relay node depends on the worse BER between two ovelapping packets' BERs.
Two-way relaying technique;physical-layer network coding;channel coding;packet overlapping
- Cisco, "Global mobile data traffic forecast update, 2014- 2019," White paper, Feb. 2015.
- S. Goyal, Pei Liu, S. S. Panwar, A. Robert, R.A DiFazio, Rui Yang, and - 50 - E. Bala, "Full duplex cellular systems: Will doubling interference prevent doubling capacity?" IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 121-127, May 2015.
- S. Hong, J. Brand, J. Choi, M. Jain, J. Mehlman, S. Katti, and P. Levis,"Applications of self-interference cancellation in 5G and beyond," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 114-121, Feb. 2014.
- B. Rankov and A. Wittneben, "Spectral efficient protocols for half duplex fading relay channels," IEEE JSAC, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 379-389, Feb. 2007
- S. Zhang, S. Liew, and P. P.Lam, "Physical-layer network coding," in Proc. of ACM MOBICOM, Sep. 2006.
- H. J. Yang, B. C. Jung, and J. Chun, "Zero-forcing based two-phase relaying with multiple mobile stations," Asiloma Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Oct. 2008.
- S. H. Kim, B. C. Jung, and D. K. Sung, "Transmit power optimization for two-way relay channels with physical-layer network coding," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 151-154, Feb. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2014.2371996
- J. S. Lee, H. S. Ryu, and C. G. Kang, "Network coding for turbo-coded system in asymmetric two-way relay", Journal of KICS, vol. 2010, no. 6, pp. 362-363, Jun. 2010.
- B. C. Jung, "A Practical Physical-Layer Network Coding for Fading Channels" International Journal of KIMICS, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 655-659, Dec. 2010.
Grant : Research on Near-Zero Latency Network for 5G Immersive Service
Supported by : IITP