- Volume 19 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Availability Analysis of Redundancy Models for Network System with Non-Stop Forwarding
논스톱 포워딩 기능을 지원하는 네트워크 시스템에 대한 다중화 모형의 가용도 분석
Shim, Jaechan;Ryu, Hongrim;Ryu, Hoyong;Park, Jaehyung;Lee, Yutae
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
In this paper, we analyse the effect of redundancy types and non-stop forwarding scheme on network service availability. We use stochastic reward net models as enabling modeling approach for the analytical evaluation. We first design stochastic reward nets for redundancy models with or without non-stop forwarding and then evaluate their availability using Stochastic Petri Net Package.
Availability;Redundancy;Non-stop forwarding;Stochastic Petri Net Package
- J. C. Shim, H. Y. Ryu, and S. H. Yang, Trends of High Availability Networking Services, Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol.30, No.6, pp. 79-89, 2015.
- The Service Availability Forum, Application Interface Specification, April 2003, http://www.saforum.org
- Telcordia Technology, "Generic Requirements for Operations Systems Platform Reliability," Telcordia Technology System Documentation, GR-2841-CORE, Issue 1, June, 1994.
- IP Routing: OSPF Configuration Guide, CISCO IOS Release 15S, CISCO Systems, SanHose, CA, U.S.A
- University of Hamburg, Petri nets world, http://www.inform atik.uni-hamburg.de/TGI/PetriNets/, 2015.
- G. Ciardo and K. S. Trivedi, "SPNP User Manual, Version 6.0," Tecahnical Report, Duke Univ., 1999.
- A. A. Marsan and G. Balbo, "A class of generalized stochastic Petri nets for the performance evaluation of multiprocessor systems," ACM Trans. Comp. Systems, Vol.2, No.2, pp.93-122, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1145/190.191
- A. Kanso, F. Khendek, A. Mishra, and M. Toeroe, "Integrating Legacy Applications for High Availability: a Case Study," 2011 IEEE 13th International Symposium on High-Assurance Systems Engineering, pp. 83-90, 2011.
Grant : Development of The High Availability Network Operating System for Supporting Non-Stop Active Routing
Supported by : IITP