- Volume 19 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Algorithm for Detecting Direction of Single IF Scheme CW Radar Sensor
단일 IF 방식 CW 레이더 센서의 방향 검출 알고리즘
Han, Byung-Hun;Shin, Hyun-Jun;Oh, Chang-Heon
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.09.24
- Published : 2015.12.31
CW Radar Sensors can be categorized into Single and Dual by its IF output type. Dual IF type is used for detecting the direction of moving objects. However, Dual IF type has more complicated circuitry than Single IF type and higher cost due to more parts required. In this paper, we propose an algorithm for Single IF type CW radar sensors to detect the direction of moving objects. It performs FFT on signals created at IF output when an object moves and determines approach, stop and recede according to amplitude variations. In order to verify the algorithm, a function generator is used to create a virtual signal and confirmed that it accurately detects the directions according to amplitude variations.
Detecting direction;Radar sensor;Object detection;Single IF output
- Y. M. Bea, "Technology Trends and Prospects of smart sensors," The Magazine of Kiice, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 46-51, June. 2012.
- Gary W. Hunter, Joseph R. Stetter, Peter J. Hesketh and Chung-Chiun Liu, "Smart Sensor Systems," The Electrochemical Society Interface, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 29-34, Winter. 2012.
- Merrill I. Skolnik, Introduction to Radar Systems, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Y. C. Kim, "A study on the Real-Time Velocity Measurement System for Doppler Radar," Ph. D. dissertation, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, 2004.
- G. D. Kim, "Safety Improvement of an Automatic Door System Using Ultrasonic Sensors," M. S. thesis, University of Seoul, Seoul, 2012.
- J. W. Jin, "Temperature Compernsation Method and Driving Circuit Implementation of Infrared Temperature Sensor," M. S. thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, 2014.
- radartutorial.eu [Internet]. Available: http://www.radartutorial. eu/index.en.html.
- The Differences Between Pulse Radars and FMCW Ones [Internet]. Available: http://www.slideshare.net/Nguynng11 /fmcw-vs-pulse-radar.
- B. H. Han, and C. H. Oh, "Development of CW Doppler Sensor Signal Processing Board for Motion Detection," Proceedings of Conference on Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 866-869, 2015.
- B. H. Han, H. J. Shin and C. H. Oh, "The Algorithm for Detecting Directions of CW Doppler Radar Single Output Mode," Proceeding of The Korea Navigation Institute Conference, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 116-117, 2015.