- Volume 19 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Implementation of a Monitoring System Using a CW Doppler Radar
CW 도플러 레이더를 이용한 모니터링 시스템 구현
- Received : 2015.08.02
- Accepted : 2015.09.18
- Published : 2015.12.31
The CCTV is limited by weather conditions. To overcome this limitation, we develop a monitoring program that can sense the approach or recede of two or more objects within a surveillance system that uses a continuous-wave (CW) Doppler radar, and we proposed an algorithm to efficiently detect the approach or recede information of the object. The proposed algorithm separates the signal received by the CW Doppler radar into the real and imaginary parts using Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), and sums the amplitudes for each frequency to determine whether the objects are approaching or receding, using their locations. The algorithm is verified by simulations and experiments, which confirms that it successfully detects the approach or recede of two objects.
Approach determining algorithm;CW Doppler radar;FFT;Monitoring program
- MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR, "Public institutions CCTV installation Current Status", www.moi.go.kr/frt/sub/a05/statistics/screen.do, (2015).
- J. Y. Taek, "Present and Future of the Sensor of Security", The jorunal of Korea Institute of Electronics Engineers, Vol. 36, No. 10, pp. 49-59, Oct., 2009.
- C. H. Ryu, Y. S. Jang, I. H. Choi, "The Relation of Time Resolution and Radial Velocity Accuracy of a CW Doppler Radar," THE JOURNAL OF KOREAN INSTITUTE OF ELECTROMAGNETIC ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE, Vol. 23, No. 7, pp.815-821, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2012.23.7.815
- D. S. Banks, "Continuous Wave Radar," Electronic Progress, Vol. 18, No. 11, pp. 34-41, Aug., 1975.
- T. J. Kim, Y. C. Rhee, S. H. Kim, " Implementation of a Microwave Doppler Sensor," The Jounal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.75-81, Jun, 2009.
- WT. Cochran, JW. Cooley, DL. Favin, HD. Helms, RA. Kaenel, WW. Lang, GC. Maling, DE. Nelson, CM. Rader, PD. Welch, "What is the Fast Fourier Transform?," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 55, No. 10, Oct., 1967.