- Volume 19 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Reefer Container Real-time Management System
실시간 냉동컨테이너 관리 시스템 개발
Choi, Sung-Pill;Jung, Jun-Woo;Moon, Young-Sik;Kim, Tae-Hoon;Lee, Byung-Ha;Kim, Jae-Joong;Choi, Hyung-Lim;Lee, Eun-Kyu
- Received : 2015.08.25
- Accepted : 2015.11.30
- Published : 2015.12.31
In spite of a recent trend of container ships becoming larger in size, the current circumstance is that managing reefer containers marine transportation is being mostly dependent upon manpower. Particularly, in the case of bad weather or nighttime, reefer containers are not being monitored due to lack of safety device. For the purpose of reducing such risk, IMO is recommending a system using PLC but the system is not being used. In addition, they are still relying on manpower for control and reliability of freight in transit is decreasing due to lack of information during marine transportation for every subject related to freight as well as shipper. Accordingly, the purpose of this paper is to propose a real-time reefer container management system to effectively control all reefer containers widely being used across the world.
Reefer Container;Real-Time;Management System;Monitoring
- Won-Chang Lee, Seong-Jun Lee, "Real Time Reefer Container Monitoring System Using Interrogation Ports", JKIIT, Jan. 2012, pp.13-19(7pages).
- Seong-Jun Lee, Won-Chang Lee, "Mobile Service for Reefer Container Monitoring System", JKIIT, 10(7), Jul. 2012, pp.125-131(7pages).
- Ki-Wook Lee, Jung-Yee Kim, "Design of Reefer Container Monitoring System based on Wireless Sensor Network", JKSCI 12(5), Nov. 2007, pp. 321-326(6pages).
- Seong-Jun Lee, Jun-Teck Kang, Won-Chang Lee, "Reefer Container Monitoring System using TCP/IP", Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, ICROS 2011, pp.494-496.
- GMengineering website, http://www.gmeng.com
- Pentatech Co., Ltd. website, http://www.pentatech.co.kr
- Gi-Yong Choi, Kyong-Hoo Kang, "REEFER CONTAINER MONITORING APPARATUS FOR USING MIBILECOMMUNICATION APPLIANCE AND METHOD THEREOF", korea patent, 10-0639609.
- Daeyang Electronic Co., Ltd. web site, http://www.daeyang.co.kr
- Johnson Control website, http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
- Samil electronics website, http://www.sam-electronics.com
Grant : M2M based Reefer Container Real-time Control and Tracking Solution Development
Supported by : Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries