- Volume 19 Issue 12
In this paper, we propose a novel algorithm, Concentric-Circle Tracing algorithm, which recognizes finger's shape and counts the number of fingers of hand using low-cost web-camera. We improve algorithm's usability by using low-price web-camera and also enhance user's comfortability by not using a additional marker or sensor. As well as counting the number of fingers, it is possible to extract finger's shape information whether finger is straight or folded, efficiently. The experimental result shows that the finger gesture can be recognized with an average accuracy of 95.48%. It is confirmed that the hand-gesture is an useful method for HCI input and remote control command.
Finger-gesture Recognition;Hand Tracing;Human-Computer Interaction;Computer Vision
- J. H. Kim, U. J. Ahn, M. H. Lee, J. D. Lee, Human-Computer Interaction basic principle and User-friendly development process, 1st ed. Seoul, KR: Hongrung Pub., ch.9, pp140-141, 2014.
- Malima, Asanterabi, Erol Ozgur, and Mujdat Cetin. "A fast algorithm for vision-based hand gesture recognition for robot control." Signal Processing and Communications Applications, 2006 IEEE 14th. IEEE, 2006.
- Lee, Daeho, and Youngtae Park. "Vision-based remote control system by motion detection and open finger counting." Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on 55.4, pp. 2308-2313, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2009.5373803
- Nagarajan, S., T. S. Subashini, and V. Ramalingam. "Vision based real time finger counter for hand gesture recognition." International Journal of Technology 2.2, 2012.
- Panwar, Meenakshi, and Pawan Singh Mehra. "Hand gesture recognition for human computer interaction." Image Information Processing (ICIIP), 2011 International Conference on. IEEE, 2011.
- Singh, Sanjay Kr, et al. "A robust skin color based face detection algorithm." Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering 6.4, pp. 227-234, 2003.
- Basilio, Jorge Alberto Marcial, et al. "Explicit image detection using YCbCr space color model as skin detection." Applications of Mathematics and Computer Engineering , pp. 123-128, 2011.
- Suzuki, Satoshi. "Topological structural analysis of digitized binary images by border following." Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing 30.1, pp. 32-46, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0734-189X(85)90016-7
- Sheridan, Thomas B., and William R. Ferrell. "Remote manipulative control with transmission delay." IEEE Transactions on Human Factors in Electronics 4.1, pp. 25- 29, 1963.
- Multi-stage Template Matching for One Hand Numerical Gesture Recognition vol.16, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14801/jkiit.2018.16.5.15