- Volume 25 Issue 11
This study proposed the method of the multi-crack detection using the sensitivity coefficient matrix which is calculated from the change of eigenvalues and eigenvectors before and after the crack. Each crack is modeled by a rotational springs. The method is applied to the cantilever beam with miulti-crack. The eigenvalues and eigenvectors are determined for different crack locations and depths. The prediction of multi-crack detection are in good agreement with the results of structural reanalysis.
강성 행렬;감도계수 행렬;유한요소법;동특성;다중 균열 탐지
- Doebling, S. W., Farrar, C. R., Prime, M. B. and Shevitz, D. W., 1996, Damage Identification and Health Monitoring of Structural and Mechanical Systems from Changes in their Vibration Characteristics: A Literature Review, Los Alamos National Laboratory Report, (LA-13070-MS).
- Fan, W. and Qiao, P., 2011, Vibration-based Damage Identification Methods: A Review and Comparative Study, Structural Health Monitoring, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 83-111. https://doi.org/10.1177/1475921710365419
- Chondros, T. G. and Dimarogonas, A. D., 1998, A Continuous Cracked Beam Vibration Theory, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 215, No. 1, pp. 17-34. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.1640
- Adams, A. D. and Cawley, P., 1979, The Location of Defects in Structures from Measurements of Natural Frequencies, Journal of Strain Analysis, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 49-57. https://doi.org/10.1243/03093247V142049
- Goudmunson, P., 1982, Eigenfrequency Changes of Structures Due to Cracks, Notches or Other Geometrical Changes, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 339-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(82)90004-7
- Shen, M. H. H. and Pierre, C., 1994, Free Vibrations of Beams with a Single-edge Crack, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 170, No. 2, pp. 237-259. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1994.1058
- Huh, Y., Kim, J. and Park, S. 2007, A Study about the Damage Model of a Cantilever Beam with Open Crack Generated in Whole Breadth of the Beam, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 936-945. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2007.17.10.936
- Son, I., Ahn, S. and Yoon, H., 2009, Study on Detection of Crack and Damage for Cantilever Beams Using Vibration Characteristics, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 935-942. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.9.935
- Ahn, Y. C., Lee, H. J., Kang, W. H., Lee, J. Y. and Oh, J. E., 2006, A Study on the Fault Diagnosis of a Cantilever Beam Using the Bispectrum, Proceeding of the Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 1-6.
- Sekhar, A. S., 2008, Multiple Cracks Effects and Identification, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 845-878. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2007.11.008
- Lee, J., 2009, Identification of Multiple Cracks in a Beam Using Natural Frequencies, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 320, No. 3, pp. 482-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2008.10.033
- Patil, D. P. and Maiti, S. K., 2003, Detection of Multiple Cracks Using Frequency Measurements. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 70, No. 12, pp. 1553-1572. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(02)00121-2
- Mazanoglu, K., Yesilyurt, I. and Sabuncu, M., 2009, Vibration Analysis of Multiple-cracked Non-uniform Beams, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 320, No. 4, pp. 977-989. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2008.09.010
- Friswell, M. I., Penny, J. E. T. and Wilson, D. A. L., 1994, Using Vibration Data and Statistical Measures to Locate Damage in Structures, Modal Analysis, The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 239-254.
- Kartal, M. E., Basaga, H. B., Bayraktar, A. and Muvafik, M., 2010, Effects of Semi-rigid Connection on Structural Responses, Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 10, pp. 22-35.
- Fox, R. S. and Kapoor, M. P., 1968, Rates of Change of Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors, AIAA Journal, Vol. 6, No. 12, pp. 2426-2429. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.5008
- Lee, J. Y., 2000, Prediction of Modified Structural Natural Frequencies and Modes Using Iterative Sensitivity Coefficient, Journal of KSMTE, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 40-46.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 경기대학교 대학원