- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effect of Magnetization Pattern on Partial Demagnetization of Rotary Electric Machines with Ferrite Magnets
페라이트 영구자석을 이용한 회전형 전기기기의 착자 형태에 따른 부분 감자의 영향
- Kim, Kwan-Ho (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Chung Nam University) ;
- Park, Hyung-Il (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Chung Nam University) ;
- You, Dae-Joon (Dept. of Fire Safety Engineering Chungnam State University) ;
- Jang, Seok-Myeong (SEMS High-Tech Engineering. co. Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Jang-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.08.28
- Accepted : 2015.11.18
- Published : 2015.12.01
This paper examines the effect of the magnetization pattern on the partial demagnetization of a permanent magnet (PM) machine that uses a ferrite magnet. Although the use of halbach-magnetized PM (HMPM) arrays in PM machines has been dramatically increasing because of their attractive features, the demagnetization characteristics of HMPM arrays have not yet been examined. In this study, two analyses of the demagnetization characteristics of HMPM arrays and parallel magnetized PMs (PMPMs) are performed, with the demagnetization characteristics being analyzed using a finite element method. According to our results, partial demagnetization occurred dramatically in the HMPM arrays. Thus, it is important to consider the vulnerability of HMPM arrays when designing PM machines.
Demagnetization;Ferrite magnet;PM machine;Halbach array
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- K. Lu, P. O. Rasmussen, S. J. Watkins, and F. Blaabjerg, "A new lowcost hybrid switched reluctance motor for adjustable-speed pump applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 314-321, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2091189
- P. Sekerak, V. Hrabovcova, J. Pyrhonen, L. Kalamen, P. Rafajdus, M. Onufer, "Comparison of synchronous motors with different permanent magnet and winding types," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1256-1263, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2230334
- N. Bianchi, S. Bolognani, and G. Grezzani, "PM motors for very high dynamic applications," in Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf., 2005, pp. 1332-1338.
- Y. Honda, S. Yokote, T. Higaki, and Y. Takeda, "Using the Halbach magnet array to develop an ultrahighspeed spindle motor for machine tools," in Proc. IEEE Ind. Appl. Conf., Oct. 1997, vol. 1, pp. 56-60.
- G. G. Sotelo, A. C. Ferreira, and R. de Andrade, Jr., "Halbach array superconducting magnetic bearing for a flywheel energy storage system," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 2253-2256, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2005.849624
- J. Xing, F. Wang, T. Wang, Y. Zhang, "Study on Anti-Demagnetization of Magnet for High Speed Permanent Magnet Machine," IEEE Trans. Sup. Appl., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 856-860, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2039121
- T. H. Kim, "Effect of magnetization direction on irreversible magnet demagnetization in brushless dc motor," J. Appl. Phys., vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 07F102-07F102-3, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2831773
- Krishnan, R., Electric Motor Drives, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2001. With permission.
- D. C. Hanselman, Brushless Permanent Magnet Motor Design. Cranston, RI: The Writer's Collective, 2003.