- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Characteristic Analysis on the Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with Segmented Phase Modular Stators
고정자 분할에 따른 영구자석 동기전동기의 특성 해석
- Lee, Seung-Han (Dept. of Electric, Electronic and Comm. Eng. Edu. Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Han-Wook (Dept. of Electric, Electronic and Comm. Eng. Edu. Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.09.25
- Accepted : 2015.11.11
- Published : 2015.12.01
Stator tooth segmentation and back-iron segmentation is key solution to easing the burden of manufacturing process of permanent magnet synchronous motor. The purpose of this paper is the design and characteristic analysis of permanent magnet synchronous motor having the segmented phase modular stators. Using by two-dimensional finite element method, the static/no-load characteristic analysis of the permanent magnet synchronous motor is performed. The analysis has been performed considering the additional air gaps between stator modules. The analysis results were experimentally verified, and the validity of the proposed analysis method and feasibility of the machine was confirmed.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Akita.H, Nakahara Y, Miyake. N, Oikawa.T, "New Coe", Industry Applications Magazine, IEEE, vol.11, Issue 6, Nov-Dec. pp.38-43, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIA.2005.1524735
- Mohamed A. Awadallah, Medhat M. Morcos, Suresh Gopalakrishnan, Thomas W. Nehl, "Detection of Stator Short Circuits in VSI-Fed Brushless DC Motors Using Wavelet Transform", IEEE Trans. Energ., vol.21, no.1, March 2006.
- Z. Q. Zhu, Z. Azar, G. Ombach, "Influence of Additional Air Gaps Between Stator Segments on Cogging Torque of Permanent-Magnet Machines Having Modular Stators", IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.48, no.6, June 2012.
- F. Filippetti, G Franceschini, C. Tassoni, and P. Vas, "Recent developments of induction motor drives fault diagnosis using AI techniques", IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 994-1004, 2000.
- Ji-Hwan Choi, "Analysis on the Concentrated Stator Winding type High-Speed Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor considering Electromagnetic Loss with Current Harmonics", Ph.D. Dissertation, Chungnam National Univ., 2014.
- Young-Kwan Kim, "A Study on the Characteristic Design of Direct-Drive Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for Domestic Electric Washing Machine", Ph.D. Dissertation, Hanyang Univ., 2008
- Z. Q. Zhu, Z.P. Xia, L.J. Wu, and G.W. Jewell, "Influence of Slot and Pole Number Combination on Radial Force and Vibration Modes in Fractional Slot PM Brushless Machines Having Single-and Doublelayer Windings", IEEE ECCE 2009., pp.3443-3450, 20-24 Sept. 2009.
- Lester Chong, "Design of an Interior Permanent Magnet Machine with Concentrated Windings for Field Weakening Applications", Ph.D. Dissertation, New South Wales Univ., 2011.
- Ki-Chan Kim, "A Study on the Optimal Design and Control Performance of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for EV/HEV", Ph.D. Dissertation, Hanyang Univ., 2008.